cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why bother.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Why bother.

When I was younger I got rather annoyed with the many injustices that we all constantly come across in our life but as I have got older I now tend to think, what can I do about it ? The answer in almost every case is nothing and if you dwell on some of these things for too long all you achieve is winding yourself up which achieves nothing in the end, except that being constantly bombarded with these various problems could lead some people into having a very negative outlook on everything.
So for what little time I have left none of it will be spent on dwelling about these problems apart from situations where people have suffered through no fault of their own as you can't help but feel for them.
8 REPLIES
nadger
Rising Star

Re: Why bother.

Quote from: gleneagles
So for what little time I have left
Now you've made me feel really sad  Cry Cry
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: gleneagles
When I was younger I got rather annoyed with the many injustices that we all constantly come across in our life but as I have got older I now tend to think, what can I do about it ? The answer in almost every case is nothing and if you dwell on some of these things for too long all you achieve is winding yourself up which achieves nothing in the end, except that being constantly bombarded with these various problems could lead some people into having a very negative outlook on everything.

Sums up my life nicely..
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 47

I concur Smiley
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Some people always seem to look for the negative things in life.  Try looking for the positives instead Wink Wink
Positive attitude
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

apart from the aqueducts can't see what there is to be positive about Grin
N/A

Ditto gleneagles.  One thing to be positive about, however is that at least we are not living in a country with a certain religious bias, civil unrest or war.  Breathe a sigh of relief for that.
Live for the moment and don't read newspapers! 
Community Veteran

...........and today in particular we have a lovely day with glorious sunshine.  That's certainly something to be grateful for Smiley
Denzil
Grafter

Absolutely agree we should try to spend as much time enjoying the positive as we can. But, that doesn't mean we should all shrug our shoulders and do nothing in the face of injustice. There is also a good approach I heard somewhere - "may we have the wisdom to accept the things we cannot change, and the courage to change the things we cannot accept".