....... and I can do a Vulcan salute, on either hand! Wink

As can I, but I've yet to master the mind meld... Crazy

Luzern
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 5

Re: Why are people so stupid ?

@Minivanman wrote:

Well this Brexit voter holds a second-class honours so....... Thumbs Up

So what?TongueGrin This remainer and his missus were only edificated to A Level.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Luzern
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 5

As to the OP question: we'll never know, being too stupid to find out!

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

@Luzern

"So what?TongueGrin This remainer and his missus were only edificated to A Level!"

Well at least you learned something.

It's a misconception that university provides you with an education, you actually provide it yourself. Many of the finest minds never even attended lectures, and neither did some of the dullest. 

Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

A university degree simply means you have a good knowledge of that particular topic, most degrees have a shelf life as additional information becomes available so it becomes necessary for those who need their degree as part of their occupation to keep up to date with these changes.

In the past some obtained degrees and secured senior posts based on having that degree but failed to keep up with ongoing changes in that field thus holding others back, fortunately many jobs now require those with degrees to provide evidence their skills are up to a certain standard on a regular basis eg: medical & nursing staff.

Looking at some of the things now taking place in some universities it would seem the students are running the place and preventing those who oppose their views from speaking, add to that the amount of money you owe after completing a university course a more intellegent person might think university was not for them.

Community Veteran

Expert: Someone who knows more and more about less and less until they know absolutely everything about nothing.

Attrib:  Konrad Lorenz, i.r.o. Philosophers 

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

I've always liked one similar - 'the man who knows everything knows nothing'

Samuel Johnson I think, but he probably pinched it from someone else. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Minivanman wrote:

....... and I can do a Vulcan salute, on either hand! Wink

This guy does it best

Spock_performing_Vulcan_salute.jpg 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gleneagles wrote:

A university degree simply means you have a good knowledge of that particular topic

No, it means much more than that. In spite of the neoliberalisation of universities, and the government’s attempts to measure success by graduates’ future earnings, a degree is about much, much more than that.

It is about the ability to think independently and critically, and about assessing the relative value and reliability of different sources of information, and making truly informed choices. Which is exactly why more educated people were more likely to vote remain in the referendum.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Crazy2

Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

@Anonymous I nearly gave you a like for your post there praising the degree qualification.. until i noticed right at the end that you were using it to continue posting remain drivel again. Please just drop it, you're unhealthily obsessed with the issue.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!