cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are people so stupid ?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

Why are people so stupid ?

The following is a extract from Weatherline regarding conditions yesterday on Helvellyn,

There were lots of people out on Helvellyn today. Sadly, the vast majority were having a thoroughly miserable time, due to not having the correct clothing and equipment (lots of people in trainers complaining about icy cold, wet feet; people in shorts with numb legs; people without maps not know where they were, were they should be heading, or even where they'd started from; and far too many people cragfast on snowy or icy ground without an ice axe and crampons. Even people complaining of thirst as they'd "drunk their cans of beer lower down"). If only these people had brought the correct clothing and equipment, or stayed in the valleys, they could have enjoyed a lovely Easter Saturday.

You simply could not make it up !

25 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 20

Re: Why are people so stupid ?

All those people were a day early.... just practising for the big event....  

TODAY !...   =  All Fools Day... Roll eyes

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

Even intelligent people can be stupid.

Strange eh. 

I know where I am, I've been lost here before.
2u2me
Pro
Fixes: 2

"Why are people so stupid"

Easy............................. To attract attention.  

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Two posts released from Spam Filter and duplicate removed.

Community Veteran

They should have waited until Easter Monday, there's a reasonable chance of a decent snowfall to make their visit more scenic.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Minivanman wrote:

Even intelligent people can be stupid.

Of course they can. There is, however, some evidence that level of stupidity is inversely proportional to level of education. Wink

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-education-higher-university-study-university-l...

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Well this Brexit voter holds a second-class honours so....... Thumbs Up

Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

@Anonymous

A fair percentage of your posts contain comments to britexit or links to the subject, it seems to have taken over your life.

There are more important and interesting things in life other than britexit, by all means comment on the topic when it is raised in the forums but try and resist the temptation to introduce it in non related topics.

I am sure most of us could do with the rest.

Thanking you in advance.

Smiley

Anonymous
Not applicable

And this remainer has a masters with merit from a Russell Group university... Perhaps that proves my point?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gleneagles wrote:

There are more important and interesting things in life other than britexit, by all means comment on the topic when it is raised in the forums but try and resist the temptation to introduce it in non related topics.

I am sure most of us could do with the rest.

Well, to quote the person who has just thanked your post:

@Minivanman wrote:

Anyways, since when have any of us kept to the original or subsequent posting - or are you claiming rights of ownership and control?

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

@Anonymous

Well there you go, I never went to one of those - although, I could have had my masters if I had bothered to hand in my dissertation.

Just as well, it was rubbish anyway. Smiley

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I have a chainsaw... Evil

But I'm not stupid enough to use it in anger, unless it was on a tree, which I may do this summer...........

Anonymous
Not applicable

@twocvbloke

Well, I hope you’re not in Sheffield, that sort of thing doesn’t seem to go down well there...

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

....... and I can do a Vulcan salute, on either hand! Wink

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I hope you’re not in Sheffield, that sort of thing doesn’t seem to go down well there...

What? Maintaining trees is a taboo subject in Sheffield? Blimey, the further south one goes, the weirder things get.....Shocked