Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whoever thought this would happen?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Whoever thought this would happen?

From the daily mail:
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
2 REPLIES
TORPC
Grafter

Re: Whoever thought this would happen?

WOW
I never thought I would see the day Wink
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Whoever thought this would happen?

various factions have risen up and then been slotted over the years, they have always had a constant power struggle between Shi'a and sunny Muslims, one side rises up and the other side swells in numbers then after a time it reverses (normally with a lot of blood shed) the problems now are global communications and there ability to orchestrate things, that they are still acting like they were 2000 years ago with crucifixions and the like just goes to show, the more things change the more they stay the same.....
I do wonder though if this doesn't mean the new hard-line group will get taken down by its former allies or if it will solidify all of Shi'a /Sunny Muslims and cause a major standoff, some of the factions could easily bring non conventional weapons into play and that would genuinely be bad for everyone, but by declaring himself caliphate Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has essentially lifted himself above question by any other Muslim and demanded that they follow him without question or be declared a bad Muslim and sentenced accordingly (which I understand is always death) not something the Iranians are likely to take lying down so I rather suspect there will be some major drama and a lot more conflict in the coming months/years in the region
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you