Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who would fly Ryan Air?

pierre_pierre
Grafter

Who would fly Ryan Air?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12378558
Spanish police have removed more than 100 Belgian students from a plane that was due to fly from the Canary Islands to Belgium.
The Irish budget airline Ryanair says police were called after the university students became disruptive.
They refused to carry out instructions after some objected to being charged a fee for excess hand luggage, it said.
16 REPLIES
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Who would fly Ryan Air?

To the Question "Who would fly Ryan Air?" Not me
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Plusnet customers should use the "affiliate" airline.....
"Yorkshire Airlines"

(Yay! I know it`s old ...... and been posted before.......but couldn`t resist it  Grin Grin Grin Grin  )
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

With so many companies out there these days claiming to provide good honest services from good honest counties, I can't fault ryanair.
While they don't admit doing wrong, they don't deny it either. The very fact we all know what they're like is a good thing because you know full well when you book with them to expect a no-frills very basic ride which you probably won't be happy with. As long as the plane doesn't drop out of the air mid-flight then you can pretty much be grateful.
There are other companies who claim to give you all sorts of wonderful things and be very honest.. who in reality are sly sneaky and usually owned by some other large corporation who's sole intent is to take every last penny possible from customers.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Not true.  When they were prosecuted by Trading Standards, there were 11 charges.  They were found guilty on 9 charges and not guilty on 2.  The Ryan Air press release?  "Ryan Air found not guilty ..." Strictly true but not entirely honest, just like the company.
John
Community Veteran

Ok perhaps I worded that wrongly but the point I'm trying to make is that we all know what Ryan air are like.
As long as the plane stays in the ground and gets you there you can't really complain. Of course if you have luggage that may be very different.
I don't generally fly anywhere anyway as its so expensive. Travel to the airport, parking, baggage... then the tax... travelling at the other end.. etc. Even some of these budget flights for the supposed £18 that used to exist always had hidden charges and I was very against that.
At least with Ryanair you know there will be some sort of con so you know to expect it.
Community Veteran

I've never flown with Ryanair but if you check they have an excellent punctuality record and one of the newest fleets of aircraft in the industry.  I have friends who often take their £1 flights and so long as you don't take hold baggage that is all you pay.
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: okrzynska
As long as the plane stays in the ground and gets you there you can't really complain.
The only problem is that it could take you a long time to arrive  and you might get wet if going abroadRoll eyes
Community Veteran

Yup, just come back to see the replies and realise what I've writteon - Doh!
What I meant to say (as I'm sure you guessed) as "As long as it stays in the air".... what a silly s*d I can be sometimes.
Community Veteran

Ryanair is ok, cheap, cheerful and value for money. They stopped flights from Manchester last year and now we are having to pay approx three times the price we would have paid with Ryanair to fly to Marseille.
OK, the experience is not particularly enjoyable but the kit is good and the flights are punctual.
Community Veteran

They carry more passengers than most EU airlines and also operate at a profit so I guess they must have something right Smiley
Community Veteran

Exactly.
Community Veteran

flying is such a pain that i quit years ago.  it's not so much the flying as the airports.  they're dire.
from what i've read of ryan air and heard from himself who runs it, it's nobbut a bus service.   busses are supposed to be a cheap ride.  for a trip of 200 miles or less, i imagine ryan air would be a good deal.  anything over that and the desire for comfort might override financial considerations.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I flew Ryan Air couple of weeks ago to Torp (Oslo), to visit the Whaling Museum in Kristansand.
Flight was out of Liverpool, minimal baggage, booked in advance, no problems, cheap and cheerful, hassel free.

julesandsand
Grafter

I've never flown with Ryanair but have read and heard plenty. My over-riding impression is that if you stick to their rigidly enforced rules then all is OK, but no deviation from those rules, however slight will be tolerated.
My son's fiancée has flown to Lanzarote with them a few times and carries a rucksack, last month she had packed it slightly differently and it exceeded the allowable hand luggage dimensions by not very much. She wasn't allowed to repack it to make it fit so they wanted £50 (I think) to put it in the hold, she didn't have the money so - tough, you're not flying!