cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is the .97 of a person?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Who is the .97 of a person?

Surely the maximum should be an integer number!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
3 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser

Re: Who is the .97 of a person?

I don't think there's an error here Jelv?   Much more of a confusion of data manipulated to serve a reasonable graphic output!
If we take the top line ptw-ag01 it tells us there were between 31,710 (Min) and 32,470 (Max) ignoring the error introduced by rounding to 2 dec. places.  i.e. the Max figure could be between 32,464 and 32,475?   But they are integer values and OK for generalising though.
Being a tad pedantic, I'd query the data for ptw-bng2 which confuses by changing the reporting units AND performing badly under a very light load.
There is also a question on the base for Max, Min, Avg. figures.  Are they reset hourly, daily, rolling or since last restart?   Quite important for some uses of the data.
As the number of gateways is still growing could an hourly stacked bar chart of gateways  give a more flexible picture of actual performance across the day.
M
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

It`s probably PlusCom......  Cheesy
He keeps going to Hong Kong, so his traffic/post count is reduced and appears as .97 of a person on the graphs !  Grin
Community Veteran

I don't see how there is any confusion. All the other gateways have thousands of users as indicated by the k so the figures are rounded. ptw-bng2 has less than 1,000 users connected so the currently connected and maximum don't need to be rounded.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)