Who didn't put his handbrake on then

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Who didn't put his handbrake on then

27 REPLIES
glyndev
Grafter

Re: Who didn't put his handbrake on then

Quite possible Jim. But that said, If the door hade been closed properly then the wagon would have been stopped before it could hang over the stearn as it did.
Community Veteran

I could have had the alternative title - Who didn't lock the door then - but it didn't sound so snappy  Grin
Community Veteran

I thought that trucks were chocked and chained down on ferries.
itsme
Grafter

They normally are on the ferries that I've been on.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

We had a similar reported yesterday on or local radio, A Routmaster bus was being shipped from Tolesbury (Essex) to Dubai for I think filming, it fell of the crane into Dubai Harbour
Last Night - 1730 a car drove into the front porch door piller of our local Tesco, Brick built about 2 ft square and ten foot tall, completely ruined, cracked from top to bottom

OK jim
Community Veteran

Bloody strong card then  Grin
Edit - Just to make it clear what I was talking about  Cheesy Cheesy
Quote from: pierre_pierre
Last Night - 1730 a card drove into the front porch door piller of our local Tesco, Brick built about 2 ft square and ten foot tall, completely ruined, cracked from top to bottom
pierre_pierre
Grafter

No that was the posh one behind  the wheel of the car  Grin Grin
Community Veteran

Quote from: pierre_pierre
We had a similar reported yesterday on or local radio, A Routmaster bus was being shipped from Tolesbury (Essex) to Dubai for I think filming, it fell of the crane into Dubai Harbour

The bus was shipped there for filming the next Doctor Who special and didn't fall off the crane - it was hit by a 30ton cargo container. There's a picture here:
http://www.7days.ae/storydetails.php?id=73135&title=Time%20for%20the%20Tardis
and this is the bus:
http://bcv.robsly.com/rua461w.html
[i]It's the PlusNet Way[/i]
Community Veteran

Quote from: Devonports
Quite possible Jim. But that said, If the door hade been closed properly then the wagon would have been stopped before it could hang over the stearn as it did.

I don't know about that, I would imagine they probably would have been closed properly, but unlike conventional ro-ro ferries these are quite a bit higher than the waterline hence do not require to be strong.
mutterer
Grafter

Well;  I'm surprised that none of the clever people that frequent this Forum recognized the fact that the bus in question is not a Routemaster but a Bristol VR .  Routemasters have an open boarding platform at the rear and a half cab for the Driver.  They are also a different shade of red.
Sorry.
Hat, coat etc
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I only reported what the Local Radio said, they also mentioned Tollesbury, but the linked history of the bus in Question definitely didnt mention that, it also on the history said it was a Bristol
  Chassis: VRT/SL3/2875  Body: ECW 24379 Series 2  Engine: Gardner 6LXB  Configuration: H43/31F
Last updated : January 23rd 2009 (brought up-to-date)
11/2008 - current BBC Wales (non-PCV). Shipped overseas for filming on the Easter Special episode of Doctor Who, 1/2009

Community Veteran

You can't dig yourself out of this one Pierre  Cheesy  Cool
An Essex man doesn't know what a Routemaster is.
Talking of which - I see that there has been a competition for a new bus for London and some of the finalist look very much like Routemasters  Smiley
It was on Boris's web site - but I couldn't find it. maybe one of the Londoners could find it..... ?.
I think RT & RM's were great buses, and I even had a go driving one at their one of their training places - in return for giving the instructor a ride in our aircraft. I found the pre-select / automatic box made it very easy.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I was not trying to, my post was made before the claifying post was put up, and yes I do know what the different buses are.  Did you ever see the Dartford Tunnel bike carrying Special, That was a rear engined Ford special
Community Veteran

Quote from: mal0z
Talking of which - I see that there has been a competition for a new bus for London and some of the finalist look very much like Routemasters  Smiley
It was on Boris's web site - but I couldn't find it. maybe one of the Londoners could find it..... ?

They look very much like routemasters because, basically, they are - IIRC the competition was said to be for a '21st century routemaster'; the open platform is seen as an important ingredient. The page, for anyone interested, is here.