Community Veteran

Whitney Houston Dies

It has been announced that Whitney Houston has died aged 48
Whitney RIP
34 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Whitney Houston Dies

Quite a shock and at 48 too Shocked Sad
Drugs....what a waste of a great talent.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

She had a fantastic voice and and will be missed.  A great talent.
There is to be a special tribute to her at this weekend's Grammy's.
Fixes: 124

Yes, very sad. Seemed to have had a turbulant life since she married Bobby Brown. But a great voice. I've always preferred her earlier stuff.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

x47c
Grafter

Well the radio stations will be playing Witney wall to wall 24/7- having ignored her for the last x years of course.
and it's St Valentines weekend as well, so that means blasting out "I will always love you" back to back - what timing.
The record producers will be rubbing their hands in glee - just think about all those tribute albums and re-releases they can sell - while stating in public how sorry they are and wiping away the crocodile tears.
The media reporters/photogrpahers will be clambering over each other to get their face on TV (ie further their career) to report the "sensational news".
Those who really did know her will be running for cover and keeping very quiet.
Those who never knew her will be speaking of their "total devastation" - while at the same time being curiously un-devastated daily about the number of chinese/indian workers dying/injured so they can have their cheap mobile phone/T shirts/TV whatever.
Most will be shocked for precisely 1 minute 22 seconds - and then they will get back to watching Big Brother and looking at the t*ts on page 3 in the Sun etc.
Me, I'm going to stick my head down a toilet.(figuratively speaking)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Thats a real shocker. I never thought that would happen to her at this age. Thats a real shock.
I wasn't a big fan of hers and that "It's alright it's ok" song used to drive me beyond crazy but she did have a nice voice and I liked some of her earlier songs many years ago.
A sad loss.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Steve
Pro

R.I.P.  Cry
harry58
Dabbler

people who do take drugs have had problems in their lives. so plz dnt mock them
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Dunno about that harry, I've had a whole heap of problems in my life (still plagued by many of them now) and I've never turned to drugs. I'm not an alchoholic either. Likewise there are also a lot of people out there with few problems, plenty of time and money on their hands and yet they'll take drugs quite happily just for a laugh.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I`m with you sprite.... loads of people have "problems" and those same people do not take drugs....
I understand she had more problems than most, being almost bankrupt, to the extent that she had to "borrow" just to pay her way, that may well have been a consequence of having such a high profile that her drugs habit cost her and equivalent amount more than the average guy on the street, however, as most reformed alcholics and reformed drug users will admit.... drink and drugs do not make the problems go away, but only make them worse in the long run... unfortunately, this is not really obvious to them at the time.
The only thing that comes to my mind about these "high profile" deaths is that "They should have known better".... so no sympathy from me.
x47c has covered it pretty well....
as with all celebs, they will be "played to death" for 24 hours, and you will not hear another of their recordings for the next year, or years to come. The recording company will be making a fortune from her latest / last album, just released....... Undecided
Fixes: 124

Paul Gambaccini summed her life up well here.
You'll ned to scroll down and listen to his interview.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Quote from: Sprite
Thats a real shocker. I never thought that would happen to her at this age. Thats a real shock.

I wasn't a shock to me. I knew she would die early, surprised she lasted this long really.
She was a good singer though and nice looking too. The husband has a lot to answer for.
This is her at her very best Star Spangled Banner Superbowl 25
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

[quote="Carey"]
My heartfelt condolences to Whitney's family and to all her millions of fans throughout the world. She will never be forgotten as one of the greatest voices to ever grace the earth.

Gos from me to.

harry58
Dabbler

another persons pain is meaningless they only know who sufffrs. my thourts are with her famlly god bless her sole R.I.P