Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which?

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Which?

after the recent advertising rule for Broadband prices Smiley

WHICH are  campaigning for Better Speed advertising Thumbs Up  you need to scroll to bottom of page Wink

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/broadband-phone-and-tv

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): All caps title edited as per Forum rules.

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Which?

Wot  ?    Honesty in advertising...... surely not ...  Cheesy

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

I was reading about this earlier on the BBC website.

Frustration has always been that "up to" a certain amount speed as well as no guarantee of a minimum. With such devious and shifty practices (let's call a spade a spade) is it any wonder that customers complain at any given opportunity. This is not to single out broadband providers, insurance companies along with many others can be just as bad if not worse, but this is one of their forums

"The industry gave a guarded welcome to the latest announcement" just about sums it up.

If a person is an obvious liar we try harder to hold him to account whatever he does or does not do.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-38005327

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

a broadband company can tell customers they will get "up to" a certain speed, if a minimum of 10% of all subscribers on the tariff achieve it.  Huh

i find that terrible Undecided   if you sell 80 download speed to 100 customers and if ONLY 10 people get near !! you can sell it ??.

i know its down to length  of copper  wire,,, BT need to get their act together to make long wires work better

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Minivanman
Hero

Indeed, and at the very least it's misleading..... and don't they know it.

I think the word we are looking for is "disingenuous" Thumbs Up

Synonyms: dishonest, deceitful, underhand, underhanded, duplicitous, double-dealing, two-faced, dissembling, false, lying, untruthful, mendacious.......

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

Don't you much love the way some businesses find some practices perfectly acceptable while their own customers don't.

And their own minions even carry on a puzzled pretence when answering questions on any of these subjects.

It all usually ends up with endless back and forth questioning which does nothing but make the customer fed up and angry.

With the business looking sly and disreputable which many are though they would deny this with the usual mantra of "other businesses do the same".

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Problem is, we as customers are stuck.

We need most of these services such as Broadband, car or house insurance, banking, Energy firms and the rest. They know this so the main aim is to get you to sign up and at that point you get their full attention to the point where it sounds like you are their best friend and they can't do enough for you.

After that it can all be downhill, even with companies that at one time you could recommend to others it is no longer wise to do so as most seem to be going the same way, unlikely to be helped by rapid turnover of staff.

So we are stuck unless we decide to go without the service which in some cases is impossible or in other cases would cause us a lot of inconvenience.

Minivanman
Hero

...... with the impossible being motor insurance giving them free rein to take us to the cleaners. No wonder so many especially youngsters do not bother to even think about insuring their cars making it a double disgrace.

Minivanman
Hero

With SpaceX applying for approval to launch internet from space maybe like WiFi it will make wired supplies redundant. Not any time soon and probably not in my lifetime granted, but that seems to the direction - and yes, I do know it's already available, but it ain't cheap.