Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which of you said...

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Which of you said...

"I miss winter" ?

It's horrible out there today. All night all i've heard if what appears to be someones garage door squeaking as the wind blows against it, did the school run dad thing and that was evil too.

So, come on, 'fess up, which one of you critters said it?

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
11 REPLIES 11
Champnet
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 7

Re: Which of you said...

T'wasn't I.....

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 52

`snoteye  Cool

been very gusty/windy darn sarf overnight and for most of today... winds up to 50mph at times... so I tied my bins to the telegraph post to make sure they did not blow away. !

RobPN
Hero

It's been even windier than that in Cornwall @shutter , but unlike you I didn't bother trying to stop the telephone poles blowing away!  Wink  Cheesy

7up
Community Veteran

Blimey shutter, i knew you liked your boats but what on earth do you keep in your bins? - a ships anchor?!!!

shutter
Community Veteran

@7up Grin No... the bins are in a very exposed place, on the front of the house (block paved front garden parking space). right next to the pavement... and they do have a tendency to be blown over, spreading the contents all over the street...( two neighbours ` have already succombed to the power of nature, and will be out there clearing it all up shortly !.

Conveniently. there is a telegraph pole, next to the bins,.. so I when the forecast says strong winds.. I tie them to the pole to stop them being blown over.. 

Put it down to "naval training"...... i.e.  batten down the hatches before the storm hits........ Smiley

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Bitter cold and wet n windy wind here in the south west of Wales and from putting my 'grown from seed' toms out last week I've now had to shelter half of them with the rest going back into the greenhouse. As for those hanging baskets, they seem to spend more time at forty five degrees.

Meanwhile, my son living in central France had his bad boy BBQ out yesterday! 

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison
Champnet
Seasoned Champion

Dunno if it's an age thing but we've put the heating on......

7up
Community Veteran

@shutter wrote:

@7up Grin No... the bins are in a very exposed place, on the front of the house (block paved front garden parking space). right next to the pavement... and they do have a tendency to be blown over, spreading the contents all over the street...( two neighbours ` have already succombed to the power of nature, and will be out there clearing it all up shortly !.

Conveniently. there is a telegraph pole, next to the bins,.. so I when the forecast says strong winds.. I tie them to the pole to stop them being blown over.. 

Put it down to "naval training"...... i.e.  batten down the hatches before the storm hits........ Smiley

Oh the irony!!!

You say about naval training and "batten down the hatches" yet you mention your bins spreading their contents all over the neighbours LOL. Have you not thought about using a bungee cord across the bins lids? - This is what i've resorted to and it works a treat. I also lay them down so that they can't be blown over in the first place - and very rarely do they then take a trip anywhere. The recycling bin did actually go today but at least the contents stayed inside. The only downside is that every week i need to try and remember to remove the bungee cord  - although to be fair even if i do forget the refuse collectors just leave it on the grass.

7up
Community Veteran

Ours hasn't been off.

shutter
Community Veteran

@7up  Bungee cord ?   how uncooth ! ! ...  Nah... a nice display of ropework and  nautical knots  for the neighbours to appreciate, is much better... Cheesy

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Checking outside on the plants this morning now the weather has eased and as I suspected, someone has been adding soil to my garden.

The plot thickens.

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison