Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which designer...

Highlighted
Fixes: 1,071

Re: Which designer...

@petlew wrote:

Melted!!... at the foot end of a duvet, what on earth do you get up to in bed??.

Don't you iron your duvet covers?

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

@petlew wrote:

Melted!!... at the foot end of a duvet, what on earth do you get up to in bed??.

You should not be asking that kind of question on a "family forum"   Shocked

Highlighted
Community Veteran

@dvorak wrote:

@petlew wrote:

Don't you iron your duvet cover

No..... can`t see the point.... see previous comment about not buttoning the bottom end up... !  also ...

waste of time... waste of effort... waste of electricity.. !

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

You may already have the answer but not aware of it.......

Take a look at your pillowslip and pillow........how does that stay in place without coming out of the cover ?

If those who designed such things used the same principle that would solve the problem.

As for ironing do we not have materials these days that do not need to be ironed ?

The wife insists on ironing ours, personally I can’t see the point, who else goes into our bedroom ?Huh

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

psss't anybody about listening in, shusssh!! but I do iron duvet covers, and pillow slips (but not fitted sheets). I find I like the crisp feel of freshly ironed covers.

@dvorak I used to iron round the plastic press-studs rather than over them. The best ones I found were the small (about 1/4 inch diameter) metal ones I think were nick-named pip-pops in those happy days. But they did rust though when washed.

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Highlighted
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

Not only do I do the above but I also iron my dish towels. That's after I take them out of the dryer in RGB order, fold them, take them to the kitchen, unfold them, iron them, refold them iron the folds and put them in the cupboard. I know, I just can't help it.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Ironing? Pfft, waste of time given things end up being wrinkled as soon as they're used... 😂

Also, what on earth's a pillow slip? Is that like a posh version of a pillowcase? 🤣

Highlighted
Seasoned Pro

@twocvbloke wrote:

Also, what on earth's a pillow slip? Is that like a posh version of a pillowcase? 🤣

Its a posh name used by posh people for a pillowcase. Wink

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

@dvorak wrote:

Don't you iron your duvet covers?

No,  but if the tumble drier temperature is too high it can melt most things.....

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

@Mook wrote:

That's after I take them out of the dryer in RGB order, fold them, take them to the kitchen, unfold them, iron them, refold them iron the folds and put them in the cupboard. I know, I just can't help it.

You are obviously not OCD you are CDO ( the letters are in the correct order -just as they should be 😃  )

Highlighted
Seasoned Pro

My sons insist I have this condition but I know they are wrong, for one I only do the task in question once. But as daft as it sounds I can't do my dish towels in any other way as my head tells me its wrong. I have a few other quirks as well, for one I always open packets with scissors to ensure a straight line and so they can be resealed if needed. Items must be put back in the same location, but this isn't unique to me. I even flatten and fold wrappers before I put them in the bin, be it a crisp packet or an individual wrapper off a sweet. But each to their own I say.

Highlighted
Community Veteran

@twocvbloke wrote:

Ironing? Pfft, waste of time given things end up being wrinkled as soon as they're used... 😂

Bedding is not a subject I know or care much about....never heard the word pillowcase, one of the numerous maids sees to all the bedding in this establishment, I will have a word with the Butler to see if he has heard the word, not that I would use it anyway as it’s important to maintain standards and status.

I imagine the queen has never heard the word pillowcase either.

😅😉

Highlighted
Community Veteran

@Mook wrote:

My sons insist I have this condition but I know they are wrong, for one I only do the task in question once. But as daft as it sounds I can't do my dish towels in any other way as my head tells me its wrong. I have a few other quirks as well, for one I always open packets with scissors to ensure a straight line and so they can be resealed if needed. Items must be put back in the same location, but this isn't unique to me. I even flatten and fold wrappers before I put them in the bin, be it a crisp packet or an individual wrapper off a sweet. But each to their own I say.

So you go back and check the door again even thought you know it’s already locked ? Avoid walking under ladders or stepping on lines between paving stones ?

🙂

Highlighted
Community Veteran

@gleneagles wrote:

So you go back and check the door again even thought you know it’s already locked ? Avoid walking under ladders or stepping on lines between paving stones ?

🙂

Yep.... Definitely... ( but not the other stuff @Mook  does ! ! !)

Highlighted
Seasoned Pro

I do check the doors twice but who doesn't. As for walking under ladders or on the lines between paving stones then no I certainly don't do that, that's a different thing altogether and that's one thing I'm not is superstitious. A load of 💩 to be honest.