Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which 'Shift' keys do you use?

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

Re: Which 'Shift' keys do you use?

You know how you do things without thinking? Well I've just realised there is another circumstance where I always use the right hand Ctrl key: Ctrl ; (Control and semi-colon) - which you can do one handed - when working in Excel (or Access).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Highlighted

I am the same as you adiewoo, I try to use the keyboard much more than the mouse, it's amazing how many keyboard shortcuts there are.  Also I tend to use the right shift key for typing in smilies for chat clients rather than going through the pre-selected options.
Highlighted
Grafter

I tend to use the left one but I'm left handed and a two finger typist (except when doing the ol' three finger salute of course)

Highlighted
Community Veteran

Never thought of it before but now I've checked I use the left key more. I'm left-handed but don't know if that makes a difference.
Highlighted
Grafter

I use both.  Whilst I almost always do use the right one when typing properly, I was use the left one if I'm typing one handed.
Highlighted
Grafter

My default typing position in the office is to have my left thumb resting on the Alt key and my middle finger hovering over the tab key.  I find this particularly to useul to very quickly flick to a new window so people can't see that I am on the Plusnet site instead of working. 
However, it has on occasion proved a little pointless when I have flicked to a new window only to find that that window is also showing something else which appears on the "things you really shouldn't be doing while being paid by someone else" list.    Embarrassed
Highlighted
Grafter

NSFW as its known in some parts.
Highlighted
Fixes: 1,069

What you need is http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/cc817881.aspx then you can have 1 desktop for all your work and another for the important stuff  Grin
I use alt+1, alt+2 to switch between my desktops.
Very effective.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'