cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where's the scam?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Where's the scam?

I received an email 'from' the FBI. I've had similar before and expected a follow up email, but never received one. This one originates in France and, quite considerately, at the end suggests not printing it off to preserve the environment.
It looks like I've missed out on another $4m... oh well, it's only money.
                                                            Federal Bureau of Investigation
                                                   Field Intelligence Groups J. Edgar Hoover Building
                                                   935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW Washington, D.C.

Attention: Beneficiary,

We sincerely apologized for sending you this sensitive information via e-mail instead of a certified mail, post-mail, phone or face to face conversation, it's due to the urgency and importance of the security information of our citizens, I am Special Agent Mark Giuliano from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Field Intelligence Groups (FIGs). We intercepted two consignment boxes at JFK Airport, New York. The boxes were scanned and it contained large sum of money ($4.1 million) also some backup documents which bears your name as the Beneficiary / Receiver. Investigation was carried out on the diplomat that accompanied the boxes into the United States and he stated that he was to deliver the funds to your residence as an overdue payment owed to you by the Federal Republic of Nigeria through the security company in United Kingdom.

After cross-checking all legal documents in the boxes, we found out that your consignment was lacking an important document and we can't release the boxes to the diplomat until the document is found, we have no other option than to confiscate your consignment.

According to Internal Revenue Code (IRC) in Title 26 also contain reporting requirement on a Form 8300, Report of Cash Payment Over $10,000 Received in a Trade or Business, money laundering activity may violate 18 USC §1956, 18 USC 1957, 18 USC 1960, and provision of Title 31, and 26 USC 6050I of the United States Code (USC), this section will discuss only those money laundering and currency violation under the jurisdiction of IRS, your consignment lacks proof of ownership certificate from the joint team of IRS and IRC, therefore you need to reply back immediately for direction on how to procure this certificate to enable us relieved the charge of evading the law on you, which is a punishable offense in the United States.

You are required to reply back within 72hours or you will be prosecuted in a court of law for money laundering, also you are instructed to desist from further contact with any bank(s) or person(s) in Nigeria or the United Kingdom or any part of the world regarding your payment because your consignment has been confiscated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation here in the United States.

Yours In Service,
Special Agent Mark Giuliano
Regional Deputy Director
Field Intelligence Groups (FIGs)
Merci de nous aider à préserver l'environnement en n'imprimant ce courriel et les documents joints que si nécessaire.
19 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Where's the scam?

Have you got a bodyguard or good solicitor? If not don a disguise and go into hiding immediately. To avoid arrest flee as quickly as possible to the USA, the FBI will never find you there.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

You must let us know how you get on once you have contacted them within the next 72 hours.
Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I would be very frightened, if I were you..............  you have contacted persons in the United Kingdom.... ( and probably other parts of the world, too ! )   

you are instructed to desist from further contact with any bank(s) or person(s) in Nigeria or the United Kingdom or any part of the world regarding your payment

Community Veteran

Going to change my name by deed poll to Mark Guiliano!    Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

it's a trip down memory lane!
Believe it or not I used to get theses things by Telex  Roll eyes
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran

Quote from: doris
Going to change my name by deed poll to Mark Guiliano!    Wink

Don`t be daft......if you do that... you won`t get any money.... it`s addressed to you.... 

Attention: Beneficiary,

That IS your name, isn`t it  ? ? ? ?  Undecided
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Yes, you would have thought with all the documentation they had pointing the finger at you, they would at least have had the grace to address you with your proper salutation.
But maybe the scammers Feds don't work that way.
Community Veteran

They probably, either, mis-heard... or it got lost in the translation....
Ben E. Fishury
Cheesy Cheesy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

That's funny.
Community Veteran

Ok, so to get the money I have to change my name to Benny Fishery? 
Would I be the sole beneficiary? Grin
Community Veteran

That would depend on the plaice you were born....
Community Veteran

Shutter, you're a Dab hand at this.  Absolutely Brill! Should we keep going our not?
I can see I'm between a Roc and a hard Plaice.
Fixes: 47

We've haddock all before....
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Yeah,.... let`s scale it up......