cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where's the Fire?

Community Veteran

Where's the Fire?

London Fire Brigade were called out 417 times to release people or their body parts after they had become trapped.

Fire!
17 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Where's the Fire?

This is another from the LFB.  Bet it brought some sniggers at th hospital:
The fire brigade was called to help after staff at Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Woolwich, south London, were unable to prise the item of jewellery from the man’s genitals.
Two fire engines and 10 firefighters were dispatched on May 1 to perform the delicate procedure, which took 20 minutes.
Between April 2010 and May 2011 there were three incidents in which firefighters were called to remove a ring stuck on a penis.
These bizarre ‘emergencies’ have been revealed in statistics released by the brigade in an effort to deter people from getting into “ridiculous situations”.

And even the University of Derby get in on the act:
pierre_pierre
Grafter

and this was Yesterday
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2065643/Student-Danielle-Morgan-trapped-clothes-horse-cut-fr...
Hung out to dry! Student, 18, forced to call fire brigade after falling off bed and becoming trapped in CLOTHES HORSE

Community Veteran

Which is the link I gave if you bothered to look!!!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

when I was posting that without a hidden link you had only mentioned the London Fire brigade
at least I dont use stupid short links, I could have linked to the ITN Vidieo
Community Veteran

Unless I am mistaken my post was at 22.01 and your's at 22.06.
Nothing wrong with short links if you know how.  It keeps posts tidy. Most of us use them.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Community Veteran

Perhaps we ca get back on topic so others may join in if they wish.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

If there is any more of this childish tit for tat posting I will just remove the thread or perhaps, if I am feeling generous just lock it.
It rather depends on what has happened by the time I am back on the forum which will be tomorrow evening
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I often wondered why the fire brigade always ended up dealing with these issues but I suppose its because they're the only ones with rescue equipment. Despite the name 'Fire Brigade' I suppose its probably in their mission statement that they deal with other things too?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
itsme
Grafter

Unless it changed in the last 2 years the Fire Brigade remit from the government is to deal with only fires. Any other equipment needed to attend car accidents etc is not funded by the government.
Community Veteran

The list from the London Fire Brigade was for last year so I guess they still attend such incidents.  Maybe they should make a charge for this type of call out.  Smiley Smiley
pierre_pierre
Grafter

on the BBC One Show last Night (Friday) they showed a new Fire Brigade rescue equipment vehicle, it had no fire fighting stuff on board, it even had a rapid launch dirigible boat on its top layer that was push button launch-able - not on I player yet so cant look it up
pierre_pierre
Grafter

got the one show now  http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b017mr2k/The_One_Show_25_11_2011/
initial interview showing conventional vehicles and Morton in the Marsh fire service colledge at 8 mins
the apparatus vehicle at 53M 24  is was a Scania 6x4  belonging to the Nottingham Fire Service, worth looking at
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Quote from: Sprite
I often wondered why the fire brigade always ended up dealing with these issues but I suppose its because they're the only ones with rescue equipment. Despite the name 'Fire Brigade' I suppose its probably in their mission statement that they deal with other things too?

The London Fire Brigade describe themselves as "the UK’s largest fire and rescue service". Other UK counties use the name "[County name] Fire and Rescue Service".
Not young enough to know everything