cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where's James_H?

Community Veteran

Where's James_H?

Was just reading through a thread that was started a few weeks ago, and I noticed that a couple of posts James_H had made showed him as being a 'guest' rather than a member of the forums... where's he disappeared to? I don't recall seeing a farewell post in Community Support as there normally is when a moderator leaves... am I just going mad? Huh
21 REPLIES
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Where's James_H?

no but in the forum rules early this week Chilly posted that he had left as moderator, there doesnt seem any way to contact him, writing into post a PN reject. at least he didnt purge all his posts like the last one  Even Chilly couldnt  remember his name

* chillypenguin
    * Forum Moderator

« Reply #5 on 22/10/2008, 18:41 »
List of moderators updated following James (James_G) resignation.
Fixes: 47

Not so Thomas.....I was wondering the same. Undecided
Edit due to Pierre's post: Ahhh...sad. Is he still a PN customer?
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Well spotted Pierre. It's a pity; I always appreciated James' sense of humour. I'm guessing something iffy has happened owing to the lack of fanfare over his departure...
Fixes: 47

Ah well not for the first time.
All human life is here...as the phrase goes Sad
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Hi All,
I've been mulling over what to write.
Without going into too much detail (it would be safe to say that James will in his own time say why), James decided sadly that he didn't wish to remain as a moderator for the community forums.. he did however, delete his accounts (Fortunately not like PJ where he deleted his posts too).
It's been a blow to the moderation team and completely out of the blue.
Again, I must re-iterate that it would be inappropriate of me to comment any further.
We will in time begin a search for new moderators....
Roger.
techguy
Grafter

There's too many James' round here!
The title says James H which I assumed meant James Bailey of the comms and latterly the products team but in the thread you mention James G which I understood was an altogether different person.
Its a shame if etther have left as they both seemed nice people to me.
Community Veteran

Quote from: rogerloxton
Without going into too much detail (it would be safe to say that James will in his own time say why), James decided sadly that he didn't wish to remain as a moderator for the community forums.. he did however, delete his accounts (Fortunately not like PJ where he deleted his posts too).

I see... well thanks for clearing that up as much as is possible for you to do so.
Techguy: the forum used to have two members in authority whose real names were James: Jameseh and James_H. Jameseh is James Bailey of pink trainers fame, who as you correctly state is normally in Comms but recently in Products instead. James_H then was one of the customer moderators. The mystical 'James_G' mentioned earlier was just a typo one of the other mods made in a post elsewhere on the forums.
Community Veteran

Actually, James_H and James_G were one and the same chaps.. again it caught me out when he changed username lol
geewizz
Grafter

I wish all moderators had his sense of humour and proportion.
Will there be a clearance sale? I would be interested in bidding for his avatar.
geewizz
Grafter

Quote from: rogerloxton
Actually, James_H and James_G were one and the same chaps.. again it caught me out when he changed username lol

I suspect he got divorced and reverted to his maiden name.
techguy
Grafter

Thanks for clearing that up, obviously the underscore makes all the difference
pierre_pierre
Grafter

That happened about a year ago didnt it, thats the trouble with forum names (Not just this one), if you change any of your profile, it changes all entries you have ever made, about the only record I have are one way ones in my PM regester
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Will there be a clearance sale? I would be interested in bidding for his avatar.

What do you want that for, I was hoping you were emigrating to the South Coast
geewizz
Grafter

This isn't the only place I post, pierre.  Cool