cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is " Home "

Highlighted
Grafter

Re: Where is " Home "

I went to uni in Ponders End for a year.
Beef and Barrel ftw Smiley
Highlighted
Grafter

Of course at the minute I live in bleedin' Milton ]Blackhole Keynes
Edit as blackhole should have been a strikethrough

better have another try
Highlighted
Grafter

Corrected, thats why I've never taken up web design.
Highlighted
Grafter

Quote from: jmdlp
was born [in 1994]
[/quote some sort of biological miracle then. Shocked

sorry amended original post now!  Don't know why I put that!!!  Was so excited I think at seeing that Pierre had ancestors from same part of world!!
Highlighted
Grafter

Wherever I lay my hat .....
Highlighted
Grafter

and dont forget ma in law has now outlawed herself to the Bassetlaw Bodgers
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Born in Bridlington, Yorkshire but moved to Bexley, Kent at about age 5. Still proud to say I'm a Yorkshireman.  Mum was a Yorkshire lass and met my father when he was serving in the York and Lancs Regiment. Dad was from Kent. Stayed in Kent until about 35 years ago then moved to Essex and now live in Ongar. 
Highlighted
Fixes: 477

Born and bred in Sheffield in spitting distance from the Royal Hallamshire Hospital. Never lived anywhere else than Sheffield......but there's time Wink
My elder sister was born in Cirencester so I could have been born there but for my Dad's Army relocation.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 82.0 (64-bit)

Highlighted
Not applicable

I always knew that James was from 'dahn sarf' as he talks posh! (Very nice it is too).
Orbrey says it all for me, however - no place like Sheffil (as my gran used to call it).
I've migrated into a neighbouring borough so when I enter the city limits I get a lovely feeling that I'm home.
Couldn't live anywhere else but the South Riding - I love the people, the green spaces and, most importantly the grittiness of the place.
Shutter, myself and the whole of the PN staff are very blessed to live here IMO.
Highlighted
Grafter

I shall definitely move back to Yorkshire if the opportunity presents itself as I do agree about the people and place.
Highlighted
Grafter

I think North Notts counts as Sheffield by virtue of postcode..............................
Highlighted
Grafter

People I've met from Notts are nuts so will definitely avoid there.  Smiley
Highlighted
Grafter

@ Josie
I think North Notts counts as Sheffield by virtue of postcode...

but you pay rour rates to the Bodgers.
Unfortunately you cant use the Post Code, Colchester is near the North Essex Border and some of the places with CO post cde are definitely in Suffolk.
Another bad case is Hatfield Forest (National Trust) the postal adress is Hertfordshire but it is 5 miles inside the Essex boundary, Just got a new 2009 handbook and my have they confused it, at the top of the Entry it says, near Bishops Stortford Essex, Bishops Stortford is in Hertforshire, the postal address is  Takely, Bishops Stortford Hertfordshire,  Takely (And Stansted Airport) are definitely in Essex
Highlighted
Not applicable

Admittedly North Notts has a Sheffield postcode but these Worksop folk have only to say something and you know straight away that they are not true tykes. Their vowels aren't quite as flat as ours. On the other hand, they did have plenty of pits and mining folk so they do have kinship.    Roll_eyes
Highlighted
Grafter

Sandra, just wind her up and say she is a Bassetlaw Bodger