cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where has all the fun gone ?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Where has all the fun gone ?

Oh, I know,.... maybe it`s because of the two "stickies" at the top of the board....

About time the mods got rid......

This board.... previously known by it`s more "informal" name of "chit chat".... had a reputation for lighthearted banter.. ( and the occasional heavy spats!)  which all gave it a "homely" feel.... now it is more like an episode of Emmerdale or Corrie, or East Enders... 

You start to watch them with hope in your heart for some light entertainment, but soon become depressed by the contents advancing criminal activities, as an  "acceptable way of life" (and depressing medical conditions) ,  usually resulting in fatalities, beyond belief. .

10 REPLIES 10
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Re: Where has all the fun gone ?

Put simply, this is not my "home forum" anymore.

I used to enjoy being here, yes there were spats - frequently involving you - but like most adults the dust would settle and we'd all move on.

Then one day I came in from the garage to find that the moderator hammer had closed down general (unfriendly sounding) chat and removed my posting privileges - because I had no idea what had happened or been part of it.

So now I stay away. This forum has gone from being homely to unwelcoming.

The mods claim they're fed up with it all etc.. so expand the mod team to lighten the load and ease the stress.. but they won't because they prefer it to be a small team and then they can justify their complaints and actions.

Although i did break my silence this week and post 3-4 times I will not be posting here regularly again until the mods or plusnet appear to have a change of attitude. I am generally still inclined to stay off the forum.

7up

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
jab1
Hero
Fixes: 19

To answer the topic title: must admit I haven't a clue, but there again, I'm regularly told that's my problem, so I must be thick.:wink:

You may be right about the stickies, but I would question that - I don't even 'see' them anymore.

I agree about the depression caused by Corrie et al, but I don't think we've quite sunk that low.

Maybe we need to entice Jojo and her ducks back?:cheesy:

John
Community Veteran

@jab1 wrote:

Maybe we need to entice Jojo and her ducks back?:cheesy:

I think we`ll duck out of that.... it would be quackers  ..... :sad:

Steve
Seasoned Pro

You need to stop ' watching ' and start ' creating ' @shutter. A forum is only as good as the members who make it, staying away won't do much good for the health of it @7up.

If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Community Veteran

I keep trying.............but.... there again.... I have always been trying .....  :rolleyes:

Steve
Seasoned Pro

You know.....I've never....noticed that @shutter :rolleyes: :grin: I agree the stickies should be removed.

If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

Agree with all the previous posts, I expect it could have been avoided if action had been taken much sooner but things were allowed to go on for ages rather than being nipped in the bud and then suddenly drastic action was taken.

this board was a great place for a bit of light banter and leg pulling with most people taking it in the spirit it was intended or simply ignoring the poster.

I suspect this section of the board is not seen by most as that important along with the fact it possibly take up more of the moderators time than all the other sections of the board.

I have no idea what the answer is,it might gradually return in time to what it was or equally those who currently post will simply get bored and find other things to do with their time.

You can tell how bad things are as we are still having discussions on Britexit (With apologies to all those who have recently posted on the subject)

:smiley:

Highlighted
Fixes: 339

We have discussed the two sticky threads at the head of General Chat and feel it is right to remove them now.

We won't be replacing it with another sticky but would like to remind everyone that we should remain respectful to each other even if we disagree with various views.

@7up Being fed up with many of the poor attitudes, insults and spats has nothing to do with the work load of the moderator team. Whether there is just the three of us or thirty three our views on what was happening all those weeks ago would not have changed.

These fora will only be as good as those that contribute and, as long as the few rules we have are adhered to, we don't envisage having to take such drastic action again.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Eastenders, gave up watching that years ago. Far too depressing.

Even at its worse this forum is a ray of sunshine compared to Eastenders.

Mayfly
Pro
Fixes: 1

The heart has gone for whatever reason IMHO and I guess we all have our own thoughts on that. I miss the old forum - I still hang around but it's certainly lost it's sparkle for me.