cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I get..

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Where can I get..

Sound effects from online? - preferably free?
Might be doing some video stuff soon with a friend and we're going to need some sound effects but i've no idea where to get them!
Thanks
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
10 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Where can I get..

There are a few here to be going on with http://www.freesfx.co.uk/users/thebbc/
I remember many years ago purchasing 3 vinyl albums of BBC sound effects.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Fixes: 121

Try these:
Find Sounds
Ambient Sound Effects

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

RichAllen
Grafter

Fixes: 121

Quote from: 7up
Might be doing some video stuff soon with a friend and we're going to need some sound effects but i've no idea where to get them!

What sort of effects are you looking for?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

Sound effects from online? - preferably free?
Thanks

what edit program are you going to use ? I ask because a lot of them come with a decent sized catalogue of sfx files which aren't copyright protected.....of course things like "bum chicka waw waw " for the intro scenes are actually covered by copyright ......then again I think the tash and Stetson look are also trademarked so you might need ot rethnk that movie idea  Grin
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: Mav

What sort of effects are you looking for?

I was thinking of a defibirllator sound effect. I've found one now which is almost perfect if i join it to another effect.
@nano not sure yet. I've heard that CS3 is good?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
nanotm
Pro

to be honest I'm not that much into editing, for me a good program is cyberlink's photdirector (because its simple to use ) prior to that I used things like magixdvd, relatively simple to use and allowed minor editing without needing a "for dummies" book on hand to determine what I needed to do next,
if your talking pro grade stuff then sure adobe or coral editing suite's are probably the way forward, the coral software is often on offer as well so if your serious about getting it wait a week and buy direct in the xmass discount (normally 50%~80%) I picked up a copy of there video editing software for the other half last year for about £30 instead of its normal £200 price tag Smiley (just don't ask me how it works I haven't got a clue)
also you can often pick up things like the GSP software pack (all kinds of random gfx/sfx) for a few quid on softpedia....
years ago I had a Hollywood fx pack with studio 5 but I could remember who its by (other than it was a German company) that came with a few thousand sound effect files and similar number of graphic effects in a downloadable package, at the time it was considered pretty high end editing but I have no idea what they offer now or how much it would cost, its all about what your end product needs to look like and what package suits your budget/needs I guess
anyway good luck, and no I don't want a copy of your pron for train spotters  Crazy
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

How about Youtube soundtracks?
I have a dialup soundtrack and to be honest, I slip a pair of headphones and listen to it as I surf the net  Crazy
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
myredhotcar
Grafter

nanotm
Pro

further to my last it seems corel is doing a sale right now and there video editor is available as a free trial anyhow http://www.corel.com/corel/product/index.jsp?1=1&skuId=ESDVSPRX6MLEU&ym_mid=1511502&ym_rid=69075621&...  linky so you don't have to wonder where it is Smiley
also the one I couldn't remember is http://www.pinnaclesys.com/publicsite/uk/home/ as another option and I know the fx pack is well worth the extra if your buying from them Smiley
as I said there just some options and might be worthwhile looking at depending on what grade of edit your planning to use  Wink