Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When you`re smiling.....

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

When you`re smiling.....

You can`t be miserable... ! 

And today, is special , because it is "International day of Happiness"... 

So, everyone had better play nicely on here for a change !.. and remember,  the longest word in the english language is

SMILES... because there is a mile between the beginning and the end...  also

to save energy, you need to smile, because, it takes less muscles to smile than to frown.. 

15 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: When you`re smiling.....

Who was it that said or sung," When you're smiling the whole world smiles with you" ?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

"International Day of Happiness" What utter rubbish! Try telling that to a starving African, I think they'd rather have food in their belly that alone would put a smile on their face.

Community Veteran

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

What about those with an annoying smile down at the DWP? Cool smiley

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

When I was a kid my teacher used to tell me off for smiling too much in class.

The miserable git.

Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

Mook wrote:

"International Day of Happiness" What utter rubbish! Try telling that to a starving African, I think they'd rather have food in their belly that alone would put a smile on their face.

To some extent you are right, but I see photos sent from Zimbabwe by an African missionary. Smiles are quite evident. Our previous church had contacts with Romania in the early days after Ceusceu, may be not smiles. but generosity here, that seemed to be in inverse proportion to their means.

Maybe, we should also be aware of the damage our materialism may be doing us too.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Tough because I am not happy - in fact I am downright miserable - and I am going to see the doctor today as the chiropractor has totally failed to sort out my lower back pain Sad

Community Veteran

@Oldjim  every cloud... 

put a smile on your face,.. because at least you are seeing the doctor TODAY .. ! 

Best wishes,... and Good Luck..  Smiley

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

@billnotben

What the Army used to (and maybe still does) call dumb insolence?

I remember one of our teachers giving the whole class dictation because I cheered when they told us cross country running had been cancelled. What sort of masochist thought we ever enjoyed it?   

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Pete11
Pro
Fixes: 3

I always have a smile on my face...it makes 'er indoors wonder what I'm up to next. Grin

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

@Pete11

Ah, but then what happens when you see 'er indoors with a smile on her face.

I remember one bloke I worked with years ago saying that if he ever saw his wife with a smile on her face he would nip around the back of the house to see who was leaving.

Wink

Community Veteran

shutter wrote:

to save energy, you need to smile, because, it takes less muscles to smile than to frown.. 

Factually incorrect, when the face is relaxed in a "frown" (I.E. non-smiling) state, hardly any muscles are used, and smiling too much results in physical pain in ones' face, so, save the muscles and don't smile!!

Community Veteran

@twocvbloke your response is factually incorrect... because if the face is "relaxed" then there is no expression ..

therefore to frown requires more muscles and muscle power to do so,   than to smile.

If smiling too much gives you physical pain, then I suggest an urgent visit to your dentist, to get your teeth  Grin and gums seen to.

Anyway... is there such a thing as "smiling too much"  ? ? ?   Crazy2..  GrinGrin Funny

Community Veteran

A lot of people who are not expressing any facial emotion are asked "Why the frown?", even if they're not frowning (I.E. a non-smiling expression), so no muscles used, face is saved from tired and aching muscles... Crazy

Also, why would a dentist be concerned about facial muscles? Given the muscles used for smiling are not without the mouth, they're in the face connected by a series of tendons to pull the skin about... Crazy2

And yes, there' is such a thing as smiling too much ask any model, sales rep, air steward(ess) and similar where fake-smiling is a must, and they end up with more wrinkles than what they sit on... Funny