Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will they start afternoon teas?

Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

When will they start afternoon teas?

But only for special customers, because of limited superior seating!

We have new buses on the route that passes my town on its way between Bournemouth and Salisbury. Seats are designed with a degree of lumbar support, and on the upper deck there are four tables, each with four seats around.

If afternoon teas are not on, I suppose it  could give chances for card schools, or ladies' natter clubs!Grin

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
6 REPLIES
Fixes: 125

Re: When will they start afternoon teas?

There have been new 'Breeze' buses added between Thanet and Canterbury which feature high-back moquette fabric seats, free WiFi and charging points plus something called air-chill technology (is that just another name for air-conditioning?).

Haven't been on one myself but a friend does expand the virtues of a more comfortable journey. Not sure if tables are included on the upper deck, though.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Luzern
Pro

AFAIK the seats are not moquette, but on ours there's also weeny personal ~15-20 mm light on the back of the seat in front. That's weird, as buses are usually well lit at night. As to the charging points, I'd never seen one in use on our route's throw outs until today, when I needed to travel with my phone almost empty! To myself: "show off"Tongue.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

The buses that Go North East have been putting out lately have been pretty "posh" compared to the rolling junkers they had 5 years ago when I first moved up here, mains sockets (presumably not for use with electric radiators!), USB charging points, LED lighting, pleather seats, free (but slow) WiFi, it's quite an improvement... Smiley

Reminds me of the bus driver's line from Red Dwarf: Back to Earth when Rimmer asks the driver where first class is, "It's all first class mate!"... Grin

Luzern
Pro

The PVR for the route is 6 @ total cost £1.5M. There must be some money in transport despite all the hand wringing about crinkly passes. 

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

It's the 'crinkly passes' and the subsidies they attract that keep some of these routes open, especially in the rural areas. 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Luzern wrote:

The PVR for the route is 6 @ total cost £1.5M. There must be some money in transport despite all the hand wringing about crinkly passes. 

Afternoon teas ?

Have you ever been out for afternoon tea ? Some places sell them around here....£25 for tea, scones, sandwiches, cakes etc......all stodgy food which must well exceed your normal calorie intake for the day.

They would make more money on that than the fares.

Not that I have ever been out for afternoon tea, just basing it on the many photographs from those selling it..

Wink