cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When having a pizza is more memorable than having sex.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

When having a pizza is more memorable than having sex.

Prince Andrew might have a point, after all a decent pepperoni does take some beating. 😀

Like marmite you either love these Windsor windbags or you don't, but reading about this performance by the Windsor windbag from his gilded cage, what can you say apart from 'pull the other one'. 

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
13 REPLIES 13
RobPN
Hero
Fixes: 5

Re: When having a pizza is more memorable than having sex.

I'll bite my tongue here so as not to get abusive about the Queens offspring (plural), but I had no intention of watching the program especially after seeing a snippet on the BBC News channel.  Windsor windbag?  Waste of oxygen as far as I'm concerned.

Anonymous
Not applicable

As for me, I don't know him, I wasn't there and as I've no evidence to confirm or deny his statements so I'll leave the tar brush in the pot.

wotsup
Seasoned Champion

There are too many 'hangers on' ( aka parasites ) in our Royal family,  the taxpayer subsidising of the family should be just for the reigning monarchs and first in line heir,  and all the others should get a proper job..  including Me-Gain and James Hewitt sprog Harry.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@Anonymous 

Well that would go for just about everybody we learn about in the media no? 

Not tarring anybody, just having an opinion on what we read. 🙂

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

I chose not to watch it, but I find the press reaction utterly disgusting. He showed no remorse tells us that the judgment has been made in the minds of the editors. If he did not know the lady in either or both senses, then how would he be expected to show that remorse? He went for a pizza, some will rubbish that, but I tend to think that someone of royal status would keep a detailed diary of activities with his children.

There is also the fact that the alleged tryst happened at a UK address, where the age of consent is 16, whereas the american case against Epstein in which York has become involved rests on her being underaged at 17 in the state of the alleged offences.

Therefore, even had he had congress with that woman, he'd committed no crime, however much it might be to our (my) moral distaste....

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, of course it does and it doesn't stop you, or indeed anyone, having an opinion but that opinion should stop short of a 'verdict' of guilt or innocence unless of course you or they are privy to facts that can prove it.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@Luzern 

Well there's the rub with royalty I guess as in the eyes of many they can do no wrong and there are those that will defend them to the hilt regardless.

It's a puzzle to be sure. 

The facts @Anonymous are presumably those we are presented with. A judge and jury might not know the accused personally (at least let's hope not) but we consider the evidence given and defence provided as in the case with his answers to questions put to him.

Some might believe him, many others myself included most certainly do not. 

Luzern
Hero

@Anonymous  I'm not sure if your post refers to mine or another contribution, but let me stress that I have no intention of judging Andrew either legally or morally, nor do I want to judge anyone on my like or dislike of the person. Sadly, it seems fewer and fewer espouse such non-partisanship.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Luzern
Hero

@Minivanman 

@Minivanman wrote:

@Luzern 

Well there's the rub with royalty I guess as in the eyes of many they can do no wrong and there are those that will defend them to the hilt regardless.

It's a puzzle to be sure. 

Can do no wrong? Did they truant in history lessons then?

Anonymous
Not applicable

No @Luzern I was in fact replying to @Minivanman's mention of me, your post arrived while I was composing mine. For me it has nothing to do with who the individual is or what he is alleged to have done, I, like everyone else on the planet live in the proverbial glass house and I have no intention of putting my windows out.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Judge not less ye be judged I guess.... and all aboard on the road to hell in a hand cart. 😛

RobPN
Hero
Fixes: 5

The latest on the matter seen in a publication mentioned in another thread on here;  Grin

Prince Andrew says he has no recollection of meeting Emily Maitlis or appearing on Newsnight

TeeGee
Seasoned Pro

I have an element of sympathy for Andrew. Many years ago he was madly in love with an "actress" who was not accepted by the Family and probably many others too. Had he been allowed to continue this relationship they may well have lived happily ever after. Having married and divorced Ms Ferguson he was out there on his own and I am sure there was no shortage of lady friends.

The problem is, at the time. one does not think of the potential consequences and the power of social media decades later. Add in the estate of the late Mr Epstein and it's attraction to lawyers and you get an explosive combination. Any ensuing Court case may well feature in the future on Netflix!