cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When a plan comes together.

Highlighted
Pro

Re: When a plan comes together.

I've been asked this before @DaveyH and as you say there is a plethora of them, any combination of which would serve my needs, so I'll refer you to this link.

As you can see it's taken time for me make a start the coding and I only got around to that last weekend. As is mentioned in the link it is a reinvention of the wheel, but for my needs I feel it's justified.

Highlighted
Pro

Yep me again! Well I've successfully managed to play some tracks from the server using a test client that connects to the server, requests the track and sends the data to the client a buffer at a time, where the client plays it, and all done using Web Sockets.

Media Test ClientMedia Test Client

The next step is to do this in JavaScript, but first I need to brush up on my SVG as I'm using this to create the UI for the Player that will be embedded in the page.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Must be said accessing files over a network connection is incredibly handy isn't it. I frequently VPN into my PC at home (eg when at school waiting in the car for the little'uns to turnn out). I could certainly think of a few uses for a server / client thing.. in fact i've been working on a server / client combination in delphi for a few years which will be a template for my other projects.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Highlighted
Pro

I have to agree @7up, without the Client / Server paradigm life would very different, where would we be now without the internet? Good luck with your own project.