cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When a customer goes bat[-Censored-] crazy on the phone

Highlighted

When a customer goes bat[-Censored-] crazy on the phone

I recently went 'mental' on the phone to plusnet. 'mental' is not a nice term to use, but I feel it's needed in today's society as they may understand where I'm coming from. My 'mental' episode is something which I feel very distressed about. I'm currently under therapy for mental health problems as I attempted suicide 2 weeks ago, and it was no cry for help either, I did it because I wanted to die because I felt I was not getting anywhere in life. Long story really.
But, back to my 'mental' outburst - some may say I was aggressive, abusive, nasty and a host of other similar words. For some may say I went 'bat[-Censored-] crazy'.
The reason I did it is because plusnet weren't being reasonable on my behalf.
I was extreme and I regret this because it's left me feeling awful.
My big question is - if a customer goes bat[-Censored-] crazy on the phone to you, does it send alarm bells ringing? if so, what do you do? If anything at all?
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When a customer goes bat[-Censored-] crazy on the phone

@sjfarrell77 - What do you mean by ‘alarm bells’?

We all have our off days and none of us are perfect, but if you really are sincere in your regret then the first thing to do is to apologise to the recipient of your vitriol. Yes it can be frustrating when you think you are being ignored or patronised but an apology will go a long way to mending any bridges and will make you, and the recipient feel a whole lot better about the situation and allow you to move forward.

Highlighted

I'd agree but I don't think an apology would build bridges. I was let down remember. Plusnet never apologised for not calling me back when they assured they would. So for me it's a case of what's good enough for them is good enough for me ...... I'm the customer and always remember 'the customer is always right' .... If they bother to read this post (which I doubt they do) then I've said enough here.
Highlighted
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 41

Hello @sjfarrell77,

I am sincerely sorry to hear of your circumstances and deeply sorry for your recent experience with us that has caused undue stress. I can assure you we do have a duty of care to notify the appropriate authorities should we suspect or are notified by the customers that they could potentially be a danger to themselves or others.

Unfortunately due to the industry we are in customers do contact us and can  vent their frustrations in a confrontational manner. We absolutely do not wish for any of our customers to have to get to that point and apologise if we have caused this in your case.

I have a looked into the matter raised here and will respond to that post shortly.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 SammyM
 Plusnet Help Team