cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When a Woman says its to big wins sexist claim

TORPC
Grafter

When a Woman says its to big wins sexist claim

If she wants to play with the big boys toys then, she knew what she was getting herself into!!!!!!!
Firearms officer wins sex discrimination case against police chiefs - because her gun was too big for her small hands

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2561467/Firearms-officer-wins-sex-discrimination-case-agains...
I say
She of used her wages to buy a smaller Gun
16 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: When a Woman says its to big wins sexist claim

Seems the norm now for many people.
Apply for a job that you're completely unsuitable for.
When it all goes Pete Tong then select from a long list the best option to sue for.
Sue for a fortune. It's up there on the ambition top ten just under get to be a celebrity.
WTF
Grafter

.. except this is the Daily Fail so the entire story's probably bollix
Thunderclap
Grafter

Shocked You sure that's not a headline from dirty Desmond's Daily Star? Woman with small hands holds weapon too large?
But seriously though, given how weedy our local community support officers are, they cannot go out in strong wind just in case they sue after being blown over, maybe cops really have downsized? I am sure you know what that Royal Marines job interview is about. Maybe they will make that easier, just in case there's people not strong enough to complete it - or sue because they couldn't?
Quote from: billnotben
...it all goes Pete Tong...

Cool How old are you dude?
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Thunderclap
Quote from: billnotben
...it all goes Pete Tong...

Cool How old are you dude?

did you have to look that up ?
bints have been suing over equality for decades, many people said back when they got dispensation for various jobs that it was a step too far now this is the proof of the pudding, as an aside you cant get smaller guns that do the same job, its one of those things you either can or cant do and if due to size your unable your not fit for the job and should be sacked....

I don't get why such crass stupidity is still alive and kicking in the legal industry though judges that cant understand how a business operates and what the term "reasonably practicable" means should be forcibly removed from there job as well, clearly everything gets issued in a one size fits all variety and making special allowances for individuals that don't measure up is way outside the bounds of reasonable indeed its defined within legal documents as being "special circumstances" and should be avoided at all costs where weapon systems are concerned (as per the HSE + home office guidelines) 
still I'm sure there will be a few more cases of this with outrageous payoffs before someone actually gets a grip
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
TORPC
Grafter

It goes to show the myth, That when Gals play with big boys
The bigger it is, the better it is. has now been proved incorrect Wink
Well in her case it's better in monetary terms (ONLY)
TORPC
Grafter

In time CSS will replace Java
Devonian
Grafter

It is all nonsense.
Women fight for equality, get it,  then find out that actually there was a reason they weren't treated as equally in certain areas, so they fight again, to be treated differently.
You couldn't make it up really!
It is the same in the Gay community, and the Muslim community, in fact in every minority.

For one to be treated equally, One must act as equal as the rest.
Some men have smaller hands, but they wouldn't sue the police because the gun was to big!
TORPC
Grafter

SWMBO said she wont respond to your last sentence Roll eyes
Devonian
Grafter

I have so many jokes and comments to make.... None are suitable!  Grin
TORPC
Grafter

Same here
therefore we will have to leave them all to their imaginations or Google search Wink
Devonian
Grafter

Dear Mister (or Misses) Google.......
TORPC
Grafter

Smiley Grin
TimeRider
Grafter

I'm gonna apply for a job as a rocket scientist (or perhaps a female model?) - Then I'll kick off when I'm not suitable for the job. £££££££'s
Incidentally, their are a range of glocks available where the trigger is nearer (for small hands) - The 'sub compact' versions I think : the Glock 42 is one of the suitable...
Why is taxpayers money so easily handed out in this country - except to the people that DO need it?
Devonian
Grafter

@Timerider maybe they will pay for implants?  Grin Grin Grin