Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Scotland leaves the Union.

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

When Scotland leaves the Union.

The current Royal coat of arms has the Unicorn of Scotland opposite the Lion of England, so I'm wondering that if and when Scotland goes it's own way (as it well might) will either Charles or William replace it with the Welsh dragon it had under the Tudors.

Just a thought for Sunday. Wink

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
15 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Re: When Scotland leaves the Union.

That is assuming that Charles / William want to remain head of State!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Who knows but if you do go separate and your economy falters don't expect us to bail you out yet again. We're getting fed up of the way you guys trash us but expect us to finance you.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

I'm not for an Independent Scotland myself, but when people post statements like the above it is evident that they aren't really aware of the fiscal value of Scotland's input in to the UK economy.

Community Veteran

I would hope in the end that people everywhere would see any break up as foolish.

That it would cost us all, English and Scottish, more money that we can afford and with little to no benefit.

Except of course more jobs for the boys, MP's etc

Steve
Seasoned Pro

@Mook I gave up long ago trying to explain on this forum what we contribute to the union it's like beating a dead horse. Not their fault but the fault of what's 🐝 been told to them over the years.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

billnotben wrote:

I would hope in the end that people everywhere would see any break up as foolish.

That it would cost us all, English and Scottish, more money that we can afford and with little to no benefit.

Except of course more jobs for the boys, MP's etc

Absolutely !

Sure we have differences with other parts of the UK but in the past we have always managed to work through those differences often by some sort of compromise which may leave many on both sides unhappy with the result but in both good times and bad we have stuck together and hopefully will continue to do so.

The EU was a completely different ball game our membership was for a few short years when compared to the number of years the United Kingdom has been in existence

Anonymous
N/A

billnotben wrote:

Rather like Brexit.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Given that we ALREADY told them WE DON'T WANT TO LEAVE, I don't think SNP will do as well this time round in the GE. Since it was supposed to be a ONCE THIS GENERATION poll, I think they are flogging a dead horse.

Minivanman
Hero

Well I guess the Welsh Dragon will have to bide it's time...... and keep stirring those Scotts Porridge Oats Wink

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Jonpe
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

The rules of heraldry are complex and I admit to knowing little about them, but the UK is said to consist of two countries, a principality, and a province.  It would therefore seem natural that the two countries (England and Scotland) should enjoy equal prominence heraldically.  Perhaps a baby dragon?

Minivanman
Hero

Wales is most definitely a country in it's own right, and to say otherwise they'll be sending that dragon round to burn your house down.Wink

What it is not of course is a sovereign state in it's own right. There is no Welsh ambassador in Washington for example, it has limited tax raising powers plus it does not have an independent armed force. 

Lots more here as always

'The governments of the United Kingdom and of Wales almost invariably define Wales as a country. The Welsh Government says: "Wales is not a Principality. Although we are joined with England by land, and we are part of Great Britain, Wales is a country in its own right."

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Minivanman wrote:

Well I guess the Welsh Dragon will have to bide it's time...... and keep stirring those Scotts Porridge Oats Wink

Remember to add salt not sugar.

Community Veteran

notinmyname wrote:

Rather like Brexit.

Not even remotely similar.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Mook wrote:

I'm not for an Independent Scotland myself, but when people post statements like the above it is evident that they aren't really aware of the fiscal value of Scotland's input in to the UK economy.

Without a doubt the scots do input more now than at any other time in history but then why are we sending all our ship building to scotland then to help you out?

Scotland reckoned previously it could manage by itself and the plan faltered and ended up coming back to the UK again. Now you guys think you're stable people are desperate to go solo after raiding the coffers of rotten old england for support.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!