cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Plusnet staff are active on the forum

anniesboy
Grafter

When Plusnet staff are active on the forum

I had occasion to look at O2 forum ,regarding a question for my daughter.
The following appears at the top of the broadband forum page.
(O2 staff members are here between 8am and 10pm Monday to Friday to help answer your broadband questions )
I feel it would would a good idea if something similar could be added to Plusnet Forum .Regular users know that PNet staff come on between 9 -5 Mon to Friday and sometimes outside these hours. Clearly many posters are unaware.
14 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: When Plusnet staff are active on the forum

In fairness to PN they're pretty much here all day every day. They mainly congregate in the broadband support forum not the chit chat forum that this post is in.
While I have had my grumbles in the past about their methods of communication, I must in their defence say that they are always on this forum in a regular manner not just as staff but they also drop into the chit chat forum every now and again and post a personal reply to a topic here and there.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: anniesboy

I feel it would would a good idea if something similar could be added to Plusnet Forum .Regular users know that PNet staff come on between 9 -5 Mon to Friday and sometimes outside these hours. Clearly many posters are unaware.

I have rung PN Technical support during the night, there's always been someone there, with the knowledge to help me.
24 hours a day.
Community Veteran

Have to agree with you there PlusComUK.  Never failed to find someone to help Smiley Smiley
anniesboy
Grafter

Yes I understand all of these comments,but you are all regular users.
Heres an example of what I mean.
http://is.gd/hBoD0W
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Well I think a nice welcome to the forum message from strat oldjim etc like the sample is better than a strapline giving the times staff are working  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Fixes: 121

I seem to remember it being established a long time ago that these forums are not an official support route so is a message regarding the care team really approprate, unless that has changed?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Fixes: 47

Quote from: Mav
is a message regarding the care team really approprate,

Only in so far as advising the person with the query that DC support is only available during business hours.
With regard to anniesboy's link, I wasn't offering technical advice, merely acting as a sign on the door Wink
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: anniesboy
Yes I understand all of these comments,but you are all regular users.
Heres an example of what I mean.
http://is.gd/hBoD0W

I don't think its unreasonable to use a bit of common sense myself. PN are one of the UKs big ISPs and they have a lot of staff. Some post here just for a bit of chat while others post here in a professional manner. Whilst they often post during office hours, I've had some of my tech support threads answered at 11pm by PN staff who are at home.
In fairness to PN, I don't think you can top that.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Steve
Pro

Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 5

Personally I'm at home and regularly check these forums at silly hours of the night, so please do feel free to post whenever is most convenient and we'll do our best to get back to you Smiley I work every weekend at the moment so I check in on here in an evening to see if there is anything I can help with. You're right that the Digi Care Team are in Monday - Friday during office hours, however, other members of staff are more than happy to help when we can Smiley
Chris Pettitt
Cloud Environments Engineer
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@Chris Pettitt, That is above and beyond your job, what is very nise of you.
anniesboy
Grafter

Please understand ,Im well aware that many PNet staff look at and respond outside their working hours,but whilst appreciating that ,it seems many people assume the forum is monitored and responded to 24/7 .
This results in them posting a query requesting action only to feel frustrated and annoyed when action is not forth coming.
I feel that a clear statement as to how the forum functions would be a better way forward.
Steve
Pro

See #6, That explains everything Wink
anniesboy
Grafter

Yes I know but clearly many do not.