Did you mean: 

Wheelie Bins on a Windy Day

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 8

Re: Wheelie Bins on a Windy Day

@Anonymous wrote:

Great timing !!!

Today, Thursday, we collect the Garden Parasol we have on order !!!

You'll just have to save it up for a rainy  sunny day!:2funny:

All our varied rubbish, with exception of bottles is sacked. Only the garden waste is paid for, under £30/ year.

My son keeps his three bins inside a wooden housing by front door.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luzern wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Today, Thursday, we collect the Garden Parasol we have on order !!!

You'll just have to save it up for a rainy  sunny day!:2funny:

Only the garden waste is paid for, under £30/ year.

My son keeps his three bins inside a wooden housing by front door.

Our garden waste is not charged extra, so we tend to share Green bins with neighbours when the need arises.

We have a low loader we can tow behind a Jeep, with bins loaded on it.

TBH today, the breeze from my power bank powered USB fan is stronger !

We do have more than 3 bins in total, we keep them in an open outhouse, even so, the wind when it's really strong gets in there !

Well we've collected the parasol, it's just not warm enough atm.

It does appear to be waterproof, so could be left up in warm Summer showers

The base, when filled with 13 litres of water, is quite substantial, and heavy.

Anonymous
Not applicable

UK weather forecast: Storm Freya 'danger to life' warning over 80mph winds

The Met Office has said gusts of of 70-80mph could hit parts of the country on Sunday as the storm pushes its way through triggering heavy winds and rain...

"Gusts of 55-65mph are likely widely, with the potential for gusts of 70-80mph for coastal parts of Devon and Cornwall, as well as Irish Sea coasts of Wales and north-west England."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/uk-weather-forecast-60mph-atlantic-14075804

I've Cable tied my wheelie bins together... again... and filled up watering cans with water, just in case.

I will also move cars not garaged away from roof tiles, and trees.

As in previous years, I expect to see the Wheelie Bin drag race demolition derby down the local steep hill hi-street !

It very hilly & exposed round here, with two steep, windy winding passes, so lots of overturned lorries expected, Sunday pm.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

We live in a wheelie bin free zone although we do have a couple 'sans wheels' in which we keep those alternate bags during the week keeping the place tidy and the bags secure from the ravages of overnight cats, foxes, badgers or whatever. Nothing worse than finding smelly rubbish strewn up the road the following morning come collection day. The bags for that week are put out front collection day and if windy - especially for the lighter recycling one's, then a house brick on the top is usually more than enough to keep them in place. The only bin to go out is the small food waste one which our bin man puts back inside our gates after emptying so it does not blow away... and if it does, well we'll just blame Brexit. :rolleyes:

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

UK weather forecast: Storm Freya 'danger to life' warning over 80mph winds

The Met Office has said gusts of of 70-80mph could hit parts of the country on Sunday as the storm pushes its way through triggering heavy winds and rain...

"Gusts of 55-65mph are likely widely, with the potential for gusts of 70-80mph for coastal parts of Devon and Cornwall, as well as Irish Sea coasts of Wales and north-west England."

A yellow weather warning has been issued for very strong winds tomorrow as Storm Freya batters Greater Manchester.

There's a chance the strong winds could cause injury and danger to life due to flying debris, the Met Office has warned.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/storm-freya-going-hit-manchester-15912527?utm_source=men_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=EM_MENNews_Nletter_DailyNews_News_smallteaser_Text_Story3&utm_campaign=daily_newsletter