cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatever happened to the nine O'clock watershed?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Whatever happened to the nine O'clock watershed?

Watching a film on Channel 5 at the moment "Heartbreak Ridge" with Clint Eastwood, at just after four O'clock in the afternoon well, the language!! you wouldn't want to have your grandmother in the same room!!
On the other hand it is Channel 5, so perhaps its not too much of a chance.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Whatever happened to the nine O'clock watershed?

Perhaps channel 5 think they can get away with it because it (the channel) is difficult or impossible to get in quite a lot of the country, including most of Wales.! Cheesy
pierre_pierre
Grafter

exactly what were you watching cause it wasnt Heartbreak Ridge on Channel five
FILM: Silverado
On: Five (5)   
Date: Saturday 7th November 2009 (Already shown)
Time: 15:00 to 17:30 (2 hours and 30 minutes long)
Exuberant and fast-paced western about four good guys who ride together in search of their destiny when going to confront an evil sheriff and his gang of henchmen.
(Subtitles, 1985, PG, 3 Star)
Director: Lawrence Kasdan
Starring: Kevin Kline, Scott Glenn, Kevin Costner, Danny Glover, Marvin J. McIntyre, Brad Williams
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=17639
Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.

I recorded the end just to make sure
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

No idea but I've noticed on both the BBC, ITV and C4 the language before the watershed has got a lot worse.
It must of been one of those things this government did away with.. convinced it would be a good thing. Then they wonder why kids today are so wild..
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

The Beeb are in trouble for a Top Gear add http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8350222.stm
mentalist3d
Grafter

from what I've heard about the watershed, is that they are going to have a sliding scale, instead of before 9, family entertainment, then after 9 anything goes (within limits), it will be set at say 8 oclock, you will be able to show some violence (slapping, kicking, punching) then by 8:30 you can introduce bad language and moderate violence (gang attacks, punching, blood) by 9 stronger swear words, more graphic violence and so on, until around 10 when it will be anything goes (within limits).