Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What the ...

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

What the ...

Am I the only one to be puzzled to put it mildly, why this cyclist gets clobbered financially for knocking over a women who walked out in front of him while she was using her phone? 

What the 'you know what'.

Maybe he should have taken legal advice, but it still seems an unfair judgement to me. Lets be careful out there, just in case somebody who is not being careful walks out in front of you. 

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
10 REPLIES 10
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: What the ...

Because these days it pays to have no common sense and it is always someone elses'fault Knuppel

Champnet
Champion
Fixes: 7

Attitudes are changing and it's time cyclists were held responsible for their actions. Maybe now they'll consider Insurance and not rely on crowd funding....

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@Champnet  Of course, but from what I read the cyclist was going through a green light and the person on the phone just walked out in front - or have I got that wrong and if not, why should the guy on the bike get the blame.

All for having a pop at the peddlers when deserved, but this?

Not one for introducing yet another law but jaywalking needs to be put on the books, it is in other countries.

jab1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 73

@Minivanman Spot on with your last comment.Thumbs_Up

John
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

I can understand why car drivers for example should be held accountable and have to watch out for pedestrians, but this was a bike for heaven's sake. Sure there is something about pedestrians having some sort of 'right of way' when crossing the road after all, we can't have a situation where it's OK to run people over! Roll_eyes

Champnet
Champion
Fixes: 7

@Minivanman wrote:

this was a bike for heaven's sake.

A cyclist who had time to sound his horn but not slow down, he knocked the girl out.

You obviously haven't seen how the cyclists behave in central London.

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 19

Wouldn't even have gone to court if the cyclist had been driving a car.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

He would probably be a circus act.

ffox
Pro

Perhaps a good reason why cyclists should have insurance?

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Some of you might remember the trainee lawyer who sued her landlord when she fell through the garage roof of the property next-door, where she'd been sunbathing.  In her view the landlord had committed an offence by not warning her of the inadvisability of her actions.  I seem to remember that in this case the landlord didn't have a case to answer, but how far does one go in pointing out dangers to tenants?  Should one warn people of the hazards of crossing a busy local road, and how wide is the area around one's property about which one has to issue warnings?