Here you go shutter.  🖕

Oh I'm going to enjoy using that one! 

PS. Have you seen this ?

Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not who somebody else is today
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What the.....! Smileys

I see this when I click on the emoji button.

My viewMy view

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

@Anonymous 

Ditto. 

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 42

@Anonymous Yeah.... so do i..... but scroll down them and see how many and how far you go  !  ... almost to Australia...  ( i think the flag for Australia is there too ! )

Highlighted
Community Veteran

@Minivanman  said   ( @JonoH = note... D.I.Y. quote ) 

P.s. have you seen this...   

In reply.... yeah... but....not as exciting as this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv8prm4mGEQ

even better when seen from the Flag Deck, above the Flight Deck, on a (almost) daily ( and nightly ) basis...

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

🦆

At least there's a duck. Hang on I'll just check. where's my magnifying glass.

Anyone on a small screen will be wondering what the coloured dots are.

duck.jpg

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 5

@jab1 wrote:

🦍

@JonoH 

I 'thanked' that post when there was a very clear image of a gorilla when the emojis were showing in their 'too large' form.

Looking at it now I can't see what it is, and using the Windows magnifier shows it as a very unclear heavily pixelated monkey-like head.

Disappointing.  😞

Highlighted
Hero

To answer my own question about the missing HTML button, I've just found that if you click the ... (expand toolbar) at the right hand side of the toolbar you get more options, including an HTML button.

I think I still prefer the old style message editing though, including the old emojis.

Highlighted
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 116

@shutter wrote:

Unless.... @JonoH  can give a definitive reason for spending so much time on a minor feature, that has ended up costing twice as many man hours because it failed at the first hurdle  

I don't mean to be rude here but some people seem to believe that the people who do minor tweaks like this are the same people that do major change (like the billing engine)

These changes, made to this community are made by our software vendor, the only manhours they take are mine, whilst I check that they work properly on staging before agreeing to it's rollout to our live environment.

This new rich text editor is part of the latest version of the forum software, we've worked to keep the custom emoji's in for those that like them.

We need to update the forum software regularly and that will occasionally mean there might be features some of you don't like, and some of you do. 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Highlighted
Hero

Another thing to please a certain member,

He can now use very large typeface   🙄

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 49

@RobPN - with small smilies.😀

John
Highlighted
Community Veteran

@JonoH   OK on the "man hours" and total waste of time.....  but why is it necessary to make life harder, under guise of "improvement"  of the forum....

Yes... by all means ... update the software, ... but make sure that it still works, to the same standard as before the update, otherwise it is a retrograde step, . 

In theory.... adding a FEW more emojies, would be an improvement..... but the number that is now available is just plain stupidity and done in excess.. just to prove that it can be called an "improvement".

What is the point of minimising the size of the emojies ? they cannot be seen very well, which makes the whole point of them redundant.

Highlighted
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 116

We don't get a choice in how many emojis there are, its not software developed by Plusnet.

As for making sure it works to the same standard, we did that in our test environment, everything was fine. The bigger question we have is why is it behaving differently on our test environment when they're supposed to be identical.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

.... or why not just return to the original which worked fine and served it's purpose.

Why the change... and what the cost? 🤔

PS. Also, I really don't understand what most of them are trying to say or suggest.

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 49

@Minivanman You would have to ask Khorus why the change - it is them making it. As to the cost - none to Plusnet, I would assume, as they have no control over their suppliers decisions.

I don't understand your final comment.☹️

John