Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What the.....! Smileys

Luzern
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 6

What the.....! Smileys

Posting just now I saw that our old smileys have been superseded by large emojis, which seem much less s suitable also more limited.

0*%234

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
55 REPLIES 55
Community Veteran
Fixes: 29

Re: What the.....! Smileys

@Luzern  Dunno what happened,....but I get a load rubbish ....no use whatsoever

smiley emojies .png

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 108

Well, this is embarassing it all worked perfectly in our testing environment Tongue 

We're updating the message editor as part of our normal upgrade cycle, this was supposed to just be exactly what we have now, just with a few more options for those that wanted to use them.

As you can see, the size pf the smileys and the way they are selected are both not working as intended. 

I've already asked for a rollback.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
RobPN
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 4

@JonoH 

There appears to be other problems too, see my post here.

Jonpe
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

Glad it isn't just me.  It happened about 1 o'clock this morning.  I went to post a reply to someone and the 'Quote' button was (and still is) missing although clicking on the inverted commas above this text has the same effect.

I also noticed that emojis in posts were (and still are) missing, and when clicking on the smiley above, I get a selection of huge emojis.  I initially suspected my computer had started downloading updates since it did sound busy, and at 1.24 am. I lost connection for two minutes.

Rebooting, twice now, has had no effect.

Perhaps we should blame it on Brexit.  We didn't know what we were voting for, no-one warned us about missing quote buttons and impractical emojis.  Definitely a case for a peoples' vote.

RobPN
Aspiring Hero

@Luzern wrote:

Posting just now I saw that our old smileys have been superseded by large emojis, ...

@Luzern 

Well RobC will probably be pleased with the larger size (although it seems it will only be temporary).  😉

jab1
Hero
Fixes: 19

🦍

John
RobPN
Aspiring Hero

@JonoH wrote:

Well, this is embarassing it all worked perfectly in our testing environment Tongue 

We're updating the message editor as part of our normal upgrade cycle, this was supposed to just be exactly what we have now, just with a few more options for those that wanted to use them.

As you can see, the size pf the smileys and the way they are selected are both not working as intended. 

I've already asked for a rollback.

@JonoH 

Will the 'Rich-Text', 'HTML', 'Preview' buttons (as mentioned in my linked post above) be retained when your update is fixed?

Note that the 'HTML' option is missing from the update, well at least I couldn't see it.  That option is often useful for fixing messed up replies and quotes etc.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Has the "Billing team" been moved to "improve" the forum?

Community Veteran

Nope..... but @JonoH  is going for a job inteview at ASDA.....   seems like he knows something about "rollback"  ! ! 

(place "laughing face of chinaman" here ! ! ) ..

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Don't understand why they had to change as they were already sufficient to add humour or whatever, and to tone down comments that can so easily be taken the wrong way unless we are diplomatic in what we write and no, that's not always easy.

If it ain't broke don't fix it?

Bring back our old emojis, they wos innocent! 😉

Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

I am at a loss to understand why any changes are being made to something that works.

There is at least one thing at plusnet that requires urgent attention that customers have been complaining about for over a year, surely it makes more sense to concentrate resources on that area rather than seek ? improvements to something most people are happy about ?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

If it works.........keep fiddling with it until it does not !

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@gleneagles 

Or keep fiddling until Rome burns. 🔥

Note use of new emoji but not to worry guys, I'm sure we'll all get used to it. 👍

Community Veteran

@Minivanman  & @JonoH   As noted.... why change them ?   especially as you can hardly see the new size one`s.... absolutely waste of resources and time.... pointless....

Unless.... @JonoH  can give a definitive reason for spending so much time on a minor feature, that has ended up costing twice as many man hours because it failed at the first hurdle 

And where has the "Quote" button gone when you reply to a post  ???? 

What a farce. 

Just looked for a suitable emoji.... however,... the choice is SO VAST, it will take more time to find one than to write this post... 

Totally Pointless...