Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's to be done.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

What's to be done.

No, not that book by Lenin, but what's to be done about damage being inflicted on the Lake District by motor bikes and 4x4 vehicles - and being promoted by the Lake District National Park no less. Can this be true?

Well yes according to campaigners so have read .........and then sign the petition  Thumbs Up

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
9 REPLIES
Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: What's to be done.

Petition signed.  Thumbs Up

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 43

If you want me to sign a petition put some bloody effort into your campaign!

They do say a picture is worth a thousand words so why not include some images Crazy3

Oh look,there's a squirrel

giphy.gif

I must have been really bad in a previous life. This is my 3rd ISP in a row that uses lithium.
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

@Browni

It's not my campaign, and a link was provided for those images.

As for squirrels - now now, we've been warned to play nicely. Angel

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 43

Whoosh!
I must have been really bad in a previous life. This is my 3rd ISP in a row that uses lithium.
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Whoosh?

Sorry, it's hard to tell around here these days. Sad

Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

@Minivanman wrote:

No, not that book by Lenin, but what's to be done about damage being inflicted on the Lake District by motor bikes and 4x4 vehicles - and being promoted by the Lake District National Park no less. Can this be true?

Well yes according to campaigners so have read .........and then sign the petition  Thumbs Up

Thanks for posting that, the Lake District is a area I spend much time in and fully support the campaigners who want to stop these off road vehicles.

There are a number of groups who raise money to ' Fix the fells' which covers paths and small roads so hardly right to allow these things to undo that work.

Not against any trial bikes or 4 x 4 but there is private land which they can pay to use rather than these routes in the Lake District.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

I have a soft spot for the area as I have been able to trace the paternal side of my family back almost two hundred years to a small village on the Cumbrian coast overlooking the Solway Firth. Perhaps a pilgrimage of sorts is in order one of these days!  

Community Veteran

Don't leave it too late.

Wink

Community Veteran

BBC North West Tonight @ 18.30 will be reporting on the havoc caused by off road vehicles in the Lake District.

Also available on iplayer for a short time.