Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's on TV tonight?

Mook
Champion
Fixes: 2

What's on TV tonight?

Just thought I'd start this thread as a space to discuss passed, present and upcoming TV / Radio programs, so we can keep them all in the one place.

56 REPLIES 56
Mook
Champion

Re: What's on TV tonight?

Has anyone been watching the Apple TV docuseries "1971: The Year That Music Changed Everything"? I wasn't even in double digits in '71 but the horrors, lives and attitudes speak volumes about the times and now, 50 years on has anything really changed!

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

i rarely watch it these days - unless it's one of those how do they do it / how it's made programs late at night. i don't even watch dvds much either. I use youtube sometimes but that's about it.

As for Netflix / NowTV and the like.. nope.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 47

In answer to the OP title ..... Dunno.... will have to check on the schedules for FREEVIEW 

https://www.freeview.co.uk/tv-guide

There`s plenty of music channels on there... no need for britbox/skybox or any prescription services. Failing that, there`s always YouTube, .. ! .

But preferences, similar to 7up... like the documentary type. how it s made, progs... also Detective series.... New Tricks, (I`m in love with Amanda Redman in that  !  but don`t tell anyone ! !  ) ...Rebus.  and also Inspector Linley Mysteries, is pretty good... and for "light entertainment in the same vein... Shakespeare & Hathaway - Private Investigators... but the best programme for the past few years has got to be the "fly on the wall" series.... "Our Yorkshire Farm".... What a gorgeous family, and way of life....( I could fall in love with Amanda in that too....but don`t fancy the farm work involved ! ! ! )

HelloDuck
Pro

Not having Sky I have found Sky Arts on Freeview Channel 11 has some very interesting programs 

We record what we think will be worth watching and skip forward to cut out the very long adverts

Well worth a look if you use the Daily Mail Weekend program guide it's on the blue page with the satellite and cable channels but it's on Freeview

HD

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Well tonight at nine we have Sean Bean in BBC drama called 'Time' and the first of a three part series.

I'll give it a go, and hope that he does not get topped in the first ten minutes!

BBC One - Time, Series 1, Episode 1

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
Mook
Champion

Yeah, that looks promising I'll watch it when it's released on iPlayer.

gleneagles
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

Watched ‘no time to die’ on All4…..Not in English so subtitles….thought it was ok, then they made a English version which was poor to say the least.

Find I watch a lot of stuff on All4 as almost everything has subtitles, usually watch crime thrillers and such like.

Much of what’s on the main channels is unwatchable if subtitles are not available due to the background music or rather racket so headphones or such like does not resolve the problem.

@Mook 

Sorry for going off topic but the above is a sore point with me.

😀

We are born into history and history is born into us.
Mook
Champion

No need to apologise to me @gleneagles it all still relevant. 

shutter
Community Veteran

@gleneagles  Plus One.... for progs with/without subtitles.... I think that EVERY program transmitted should have subtitles.... ... there are so many progs I would like to enjoy, but have to "try" to find something else instead.

shutter
Community Veteran

What`s on TV tonight ? ? ? ?   

MARMITE...... of course..! ! ! .

Marmite - Love It Or Loathe It?

On channel 5 at the moment.... but can be watched later on 5+1 Chan 45 Freeview at 7.05pm

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 32

Currently re-watching all the Bagpuss episodes on iPlayer.  🙂

They don't make 'em like that any more.

A journey of a thousand sites begins with a single click.

ADSL2+   Billion 7800N
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

@Mook 

Watched the first one last night (well worth it by the way) and all three now on iPlayer.

BBC One - Time, Series 1, Episode 1

Brian Cox's Adventures in Space and Time is also good if like me you like that sort of thing 

BBC iPlayer - Brian Coxs Adventures in Space and Time - Series 1: 1. Space: How Far Can We Go?

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
Mook
Champion

I'll watch all episodes at the weekend when I've got more time and once watched I'll have even more. Wink

I've seen episode 1 of Brian Cox's new series and intend to watch the rest, I'd watch anything he did even if it was "How to watch paint dry with Brian Cox"

Champnet
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 7

Forces TV are showing some good old progs. UFO anyone ?