cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's happening to PlusNet on 24 October?

RobPN
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

What's happening to PlusNet on 24 October?

As subject - I just checked my usage for the month to make sure it had reset on the billing date and was surprised to see that the calendar for my forthcoming month ends a day early - something I/we should know about?

MissingDay.png

17 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: What's happening to PlusNet on 24 October?

Yes it's BT at work - they're trying to diddle you with little discrete changes that you're not supposed to notice and if you do, you'll have such a small leg to stand on that they'll get away with it.

To be honest, given that PN staff on this forum are now almost none existent and BT are at the helm demanding profits etc, I think our time with PN may be limited ater nearly a decade of use of their service. We don't get connection problems but with BT in the picture that won't be long - and then it'll be "upgrade to our more reliable service" just like the days of BT Internet that they're hoping everyone has forgotten about.

I think it's quite clear that with BT using the lithium forum and PN having just switched to it, it will only be a matter of time until plusnet is deemed unprofitable as a seperate company and merged into BT - just like all the other ISPs that plusnet swallowed up.

The moment PN becomes BT we will leave. I'm not having any of their deceitful profiteering again.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

7up wrote:
The moment PN becomes BT we will leave. I'm not having any of their deceitful profiteering again.

Only issue is, where to go when the big people are swallowing up the little ISPs? Probably won't be long before BT & sky have bought everyone out, leaving only them two for non-cable service in the UK...

Community Veteran

There's talk talk... virgin.. probably several others i can't even remember

St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

Ive been reading some of these recent reviews, very shocking https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.plus.net

Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I've noticed that most people who use trustpilot are only there to complain, doesn't really gel with the opinions of all the users...

After all, my initial start with Plusnet was a little messy (lost the number I intended to port, but got a replacement that I liked anyway), but overall it's been pretty good... Smiley

St3
All Star

Have you noticed how many new forum memebers have joined in the past month, and none of them have left a nice introduction... they all go to feedback section with complaints.

Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

True Ste and as have several long standing customers , BUT PN still refuse to Man up and say anything Lips are sealed

We are all being treated with contempt

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran

Trouble is plusnet went into the rat race of driving down prices and now they're at rock bottom and a budget service. 

Whats the saying... you get what you pay for? With plusnet you're paying a budget price for a budget service and those complaints on trustpilot seemed to be from those on the cheapest deals from what i could work out.

Not that there is anything wrong with that - if the ISP says they can provide it at that price then they should do so.. but it's the real world and we've all been "had" by similar companies.

My recent support topic was completely ignored too but a year or two back someone would have answered it within 6 hours so something is screwed somewhere... but as I said, I've seen these symptoms with BT previously.

Community Veteran

twocvbloke wrote:

I've noticed that most people who use trustpilot are only there to complain, doesn't really gel with the opinions of all the users...

You sure about that? https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.mrmemory.co.uk

Mr memory have very good reviews... 9.9... and I left one of them ages ago (the only time i've used TP I may add).

Infact if you click categories at the top you'll see tons of high compliment earners:

St3
All Star

@7up Are my eyes playing tricks on me Huh Your forum pic changes on ever post lol

Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
Community Veteran

Nope, it's your eyes.

I most certainly wouldn't have a php powered dynamic avatar that changes with every post with avatars in stargate, british rail, knight rider and general categories... absolutely not.

You need to go to specsavers matey Grin

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

You just like to keep us entertained Smiley

Ps i would rather have your Stargate avatars Thumbs Up
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran

Your wish is granted!

St3
All Star

Hey @7up i wanted to win euro millions ... is my wish granted ? 

Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970