cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your mobile phone musical ringtone

Community Veteran

What is your mobile phone musical ringtone

Apparently jelv has Fleetwood Mac - The Chain as his ringtone for his mobilephone.
Mine is Moby - Extreme ways.
58 REPLIES
craigyoung
Grafter

Re: What is your mobile phone musical ringtone

Mine, perhaps a bit sadly, is a ringing tone.  As in 'riiiiiiiiiiiiinng.'
But I once programmed Layla into one - it was a Motorola where you could enter the notes and length of note to create your own ring tone.  Took me flippin' ages.
Community Veteran

I had one of them too, I used to carry it round in a rucksack
Community Veteran

just a standard Nokia offering - but NOT the Nokia theme Gran Vals, as recently heard on Gordon Brown's phone at a press conference  Wink
Community Veteran

Mine's a standard ring tone.  As most people have more innovative  ringtones at least when I hear mine I know generally it's my phone that's ringing Smiley Smiley
Community Veteran

Mine's the opening of 'La valse d'Amélie' (orchestral version) - Spotify link here.
Community Veteran

Very nice too, you have really good taste in music. I bet your Spotify play list is worth a look at  Wink
Community Veteran

It might be, if I actually had one. Smiley I use my own iTunes library when I listen to music, as I've devised a complicated set of smart playlists that 'feed' me with a nice mix of music... Spotify just gets used when I want to sample something before buying it.
On which note, I heartily recommend everyone clicks the link in my previous post and listens to the whole album. The piece I picked isn't my favourite from the album, it's just the one that I felt was best suited to a ringtone, so even if you're not won over by that track there might be others that you like.
Community Veteran

Oh well never mind.
I am already listening to the whole album, thank you
Community Veteran

Shortly after I wrote my last post actually, I decided to try and knock up a quick playlist... am still working on it (not so quick then Sad ) but will post when it's ready to share.
Community Veteran

Right, done. What you'll find when you click that link is a list of some of my favourite pieces of music - in some cases I've just picked my favourite bit from something (e.g. a soundtrack), whilst in other cases I've felt it better to link to whole works (such as symphonies). You'll find everything from pure cheese to some of the greatest orchestral and choral music written in there, so, well, I hope some of it is of interest to someone. Smiley
firefly2
Grafter

sorry,  do not have a musical one..
mine shouts >> help get me out of your pocket. i'm suffocating.. help me mister.. 
perhaps not a nice one for a lady, but there you go.
it does raise a smile tho'. [ my son's joke ]!!!!  Cool
Community Veteran

Quote from: Be3G
I hope some of it is of interest to someone. Smiley

Thank you very much, I am looking forward to listening. I do enjoy classical music but have always leaned toward opera, which I enjoy.
Sorry for being cheeky and asking for a playlist but I knew you would have something special to offer!

Community Veteran

Ah yes, opera, I should probably be ashamed that I don't have anything from that genre in the playlist...  I do enjoy it (I even studied Wagner's Ring), but just never quite as much as instrumental or choral music.
A couple of things I should mention about that playlist actually - one is that it's not in some kind of listening order; doing that seemed impossible with whole symphonies that'd need juggling. Also, I can't necessarily vouch for the quality of the recordings - when searching for particular works, I just picked any recording of which the first few seconds sounded reasonable.
And you're welcome. Smiley
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I was given a speech one, the man servant in a posh voice say "Excuse me sir, but I am afraid some one is trying to contact you telephonicaly, shall I tell the F------- Off"