cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the point off airport security?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

What is the point off airport security?

As I asked, what is the point? Reference the last paragraph!!
http://m.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/14150283.Man__stabs_himself_in_head__at_Heathrow/
3 REPLIES
nanotm
Pro

Re: What is the point off airport security?

they are there to protect others from harm not to prevent you exercising your legal right to do what you want with your own body so long as your not presenting a danger to others .....

human rights and a change in the laws regarding self harm mean they cannot legally intervene in a non life threatening situation, but as soon as that appeared to change they did /
its a sad state of affairs when a person with a mental deficiency cannot be protected form themselves and cannot get treatment in many cases until they represent a serious risk to others, personally I would argue the distressing/disturbing spectacle he presented in a public area was grounds to intervene but a lawyer would argue otherwise and nobody that wants to remain free from legal proceedings will do anything that can be seen as "rough treatment" which is also the only effective way to stop what's going on /
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Amazing you can buy any type of knife once you have got through security, having said that there are other items such as pens that could be used to harm others if someone was determined to do it.
Must admit I cannot see any logic to why he went into a secure area to harm himself other than the fact he would get immediate attention ?
Why he did it is anyone's guess, mentally ill ? , not wanting to travel somewhere when others put him under pressure to do so ?
Community Veteran

Thank you gleneagles... You get my point!  Go through security THEN buy a knife? Makes security pointless really. Guess they were lucky he didn't go to the shop next door "Kalshnikovs-r-us" or "T K Semtex". Cheesy