Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best Step counter App for Android

TORPC
Grafter

What is the best Step counter App for Android

With the abundance of apps, with mixed reviews
I was wondering if you use a Step counter App for your phone & how efficient / accurate it is
It is also mentioned that the recommended Steps are 10000 = to 4.73 Miles (is this the same as you have heard) ?? see http://www.wikihow.com/Walk-10,000-Steps-a-Day
I have found a Step to mile converter online http://www.convertunits.com/from/steps/to/miles & is wondering how accurate it is ?Huh
5 REPLIES
Fixes: 123

Re: What is the best Step counter App for Android

I have a little cheap pedometer which clips to my belt.
Once calibrated it's quite accurate in comparison to a Viewranger app I had on my phone.

Customer and Forum Moderator.

To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

If you have a Samsung you can use S Health, which is very good.  Also has food tracker which tells you how many calories you've taken and how many to get rid off.
I can't comment for other Android phones
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
Fixes: 234

I've got an LG G watch, which is excellent for counting steps. Uses android wear.

Customer / Moderator / If it helped click the thumb / If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'

Community Veteran

I'm with Strat, I use a clip-on pedometer Smiley
Fixes: 123

I used to do a 2 mile circuit once or twice a day...(slipped a little lately)
I can't remember how many paces were involved but the stride length varied with the terrain. Sad

Customer and Forum Moderator.

To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine