Mand
Grafter

What is the Community?

Hi all,
Please post feedback to my blog post here Smiley
22 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: What is the Community?

Sorry, was there supposed to be a link here?
John  Undecided
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

I can't even find the blog post  Embarrassed
Mand
Grafter

Yes, I just had to publish the blog first. Tongue
Mand
Grafter

Sorry guys, I thought no one would read this before I had published the blog.  Tongue
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Come on Mand - that link gives
Uh oh!
Sorry, we couldn't find the page you requested. Please use the search form to find what you're looking for.

Mand
Grafter

Hmm, try this one.
Bob_Milton
Grafter

Please don't expect folk to have to join in this style of communication in order to get information from other users.
PlusNet staff should be the people to provide for the customers.
These blogs are a mass of opinions.
What I need are facts from the company, not what are sometimes guesses from the participants.
They are lovely folk and they are the first to complain about the use of jargon but are often guilty of using it. Many don't seem able to check their spelling and apologise by talking of 'typos'.
In any case I guess that sometimes they are totally wrong in their statements.
I'm sorry folk, but many of you seem happy to be 'elected' to your positions of 'importance' or whatever happens.
My position is that I expect an easy, simple method of getting information from the people I (and many others), pay. I don't believe that Plusnet should hide behind such an elaborate mish mash of countless 'threads', 'blogs' or whatever you call them.
I think that a lot of comments are being made by people who have nothing better to do. It all seems to be another form of playing games.
Mandy; it seems to take a long time for PlusNet to really consider the ordinary man on the Clapham omnibus.
This business of having 'voting' on subjects is pretty nonsensical. After all you don't tell us of the number of participants and they are of course the folk that join in your 'games'. Statistically it is totally flawed.
Please let us have more help in a simple way from PlusNet.
Neil Armstrong has said that PlusNet is disorganised. I agree with that, what's your opinion Mandy?
Bob Milton
Ianwild
Grafter

Let me say, we are significantly more organised these days than we were when Neil said that. In the ISP world though, things move so fast and plans have to change in response to external events that I'm certain there will always be a degree of chaos - it goes with the territory.
You've said what you don't like to see Bob, but you haven't said what you actually do want. HOW should we talk to you? What sort of information do you want / need, and where should we put it if it isn't on the community site?
In regards to the man on the Clapham Omnibus, I'm not sure he has a lot he wants to hear from his ISP - If it's working and he can see his email / get web pages, what is he missing out on if he doesn't hear from us at all?
Ian
lingbob
Grafter

My two penn'orth FWIW:
If you were to put the EOD's on the Member Centre (Portal) and put the forums back on there, that would be my preferred way of communicating with my ISP and its users.
Regards .....
N/A

Bob - that's what the Internet is for i.e. sharing information.  If there is one thing that I picked up from my visit to Plusnet it is the complexity of the operation and, as has been said, the speed at which technology is growing.  No one person can know all there is to know about computers and related equipment. We can all learn from each other  - I have often gained information from forums such as this and occasionally I have been able to help others.
As for voting on issues that effect us all I would have thought that this is the best way of improving the service that we receive.  What's that point of imposing changes which the users don't like?  I don't know of any other ISP that is so open and involves its customers in future planning of services.
Your complaints about blogs and postings are easily remedied - none of us is forced to read or participate in the forum.  In fact my understanding is that only a small minority of Plusnet users actually do so. 
Ianwild
Grafter

Quote from: road
My two penn'orth FWIW:
If you were to put the EOD's on the Member Centre (Portal) and put the forums back on there, that would be my preferred way of communicating with my ISP and its users.
Regards .....

The plan will be to show the community news feed and some forum feeds on the portal, although eventually I think we'll actually see this site replace a lot of what the portal does now, eg support content, which will become more collaborative in time.
I can't see inherantly why it matters whether the sort of information  there is on URL 1 or URL 2? What difference does it make? Is it just a look and feel thing?
Ian
lingbob
Grafter

Yes, look and feel does make a tremendous difference.
Regards .....
Bob_Milton
Grafter

Ian,
Neil Armstrong talked about inefficiency on Sept 14th 2007, in the item about policy documents.
I think you have proved one thing in your comment however. It is very difficult to know what is being said on so many different subjects. It is what I termed a mish mash.
I notice a very popular subject currently is PlusNet pint glasses.    --  Perhaps you ought abandon all other developments and provide what seems to be wanted by many.
Bob Milton
Bob_Milton
Grafter

Ian,
I'm sorry I've just read again where you asked what did I want.
A simple answer: I would like the website to be simple to use, so that Joe Soap can easily find what he wants to know. He should not be expected to have to look through a lot of comments made by all and sundry in the hope that the simple answer he wants might be there. If he has trouble he should be able to get a simple answer from PlusNet staff.
Pint glasses are interesting, but not to everyone. I bang on about them because that item seems to attract a lot of reaction from PlusNet staff. Perhaps they are not as busy as it seems?
Bob Milton