cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is a "proliferator" and why do we need protecting from one

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

What is a "proliferator" and why do we need protecting from one

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/defence/11176715/GCHQ-chief-Internet-has-become-refuge-for-pl...
The Internet has become a refuge for the "worst aspects of human nature" and the security services are making huge sacrifices to protect the public from "plotters, proliferators and paedophiles", the outgoing head of GCHQ has warned.
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: What is a "proliferator" and why do we need protecting from one

Could have been worded better, perhaps they meant to say those who encourage or spread messages from plotters, paedophiles and  other vile Internet attacks by trolls.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Ah I see - I was wondering whether posting DM links all over this forum counts  Lips are sealed Undecided
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

@ Jim......  in the words of a famous lager advert.................................  Probably  Cheesy
When these people make such "Profound" statements... it s "good" to be able to use three or four words with the same starting letter, as it makes the statement "appear" to be more "considered" rather than an "off the cuff " remark.... thus it gives the statement... and the "proliferator" of that statement..... more credit and kudos.... ( well.............. nearly the same start letter... ! ! )...
Community Veteran

Quote from: Oldjim
Ah I see - I was wondering whether posting DM links all over this forum counts  Lips are sealed Undecided

Well the Telegraph have had a bad habit of rehashing articles written by the DM recently Cheesy
Community Veteran

has someone been reading "the history of mr polly"?  "allitritions artful aid"  marvellous book.  i'd like to see a film made of it with either martin freeman, or jimmy yuill as mr polly.