cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What if ?.........

Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

What if ?.........

What if the UK leaves the EU with either a no deal or poor deal ? .......Ill feelings on both sides that will last for a generation or more........but what if Putin makes a grab for the whole of Ukraine then what ?

Highly unlikely the US would want to take part in any military action and the UK would hardly be keen to support EU countries wanting military action ?

The only question on most of the other countries minds in europe would be, 'Are we next ?'

Can't happen ?

How many things that can't happen have happened and shook the world ?

4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: What if ?.........

I'm still surprised that security and police forces sharing criminal information is somehow part of a deal.

Makes no sense our security and that of the EU depending in part on a brexit deal.

Unless it was fake news.

Jonpe
Champion
Fixes: 7

NATO is committed to defending any NATO member against attack so that won't change.

The laughable thing is that the French want us to pay to share intelligence with them.  Surely it's a question of "I'll show you mine if you show me yours."

Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

The problem with NATO is that not all members are paying their fair share and Trump has made it clear that America no longer wants to police the world unless every member pays their fair share.

Perhaps Trump has realised that little has been gained for America becoming involved in trying to sort out other countries problems using military force and America faces no military threat from any other country other than China a country that seems to keep well away from using military intervention in recent times.

TeeGee
Rising Star

Quite a few "what ifs" have happenned during my lifetime and I really don't see us leaving the EU as anything to get over excited about.  For the record I voted "No" in 1975 too so I have had to wait a long time to get that decision reversed.

If you want to see some verbal action on the subject pop over to the Digital Spy Politics section. Quite an eye opener....!