cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens to my parcel for the next two days?

Fixes: 125

What happens to my parcel for the next two days?

I bought a HDD from eBuyer last weekend selecting free delivery with expected delivery being 1st March - no problem with that.
Today received an email with tracking for Yodel which shows that the 'Parcel out for Delivery' with 'Expected delivery date: 1st March'
So, do they really just drive around with it for two days? Or will they delivery it early if they happen to have another delivery in my my area?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

21 REPLIES
shalom2010
Grafter

Re: What happens to my parcel for the next two days?

I think it actually means that they have sent it to your local delivery provider & then they will deliver it on the 1st!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

No idea but I've had things turn up a few days early in the past.
It's a bit like asking why second class post is slower than first class. They can make it go faster for first class so why do they then intentionally let second class go slower? - Because they delay it. Royal Mail once held a parcel of mine back and delayed it by two weeks because the postie at the senders PO forgot to stick the stamps on despite taking payment and giving the sender a receipt. Postie turned up at mine a couple of weeks later saying "This has been sent without any postage so we've held it back... and there is a service charge for this delayed delivery of £1". Two weeks just so they could try to charge me a quid for something their people blundered on.
I had another parcel that turned up 3 months after a failed delivery. In the meantime the sender threatened legal action for non-payment, I threatened them with legal action for non-delivery and failing to track it etc. We left each other alone and three months later the courier delivered the worst looking battered box you could imagine - they'd sat on it at the depot for three months while telling both me and the sender they'd not got it (CITY LINK!!!)
So there you go, they will basically just hang onto your parcel until it suits them unless the individual delivery man wants it out of his way / van earlier. You wants it faster you pays more!
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!

@shalom2010 Looking at the address of the depot I doubt there's a nearer one so is probably having a two day ride Huh
@sprite Not bothered if it doesn't arrive till the 1st, just intrigued why they would send it out just to take up van space.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Razer
Grafter

I'm sure that with Yodel it will ride (read: bang) around inside the van for a few days before being left outside a property, any property for anybody to take when they find it.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

It depends on the local courier which has the contract.  They might stick to the 1st March delivery or if they have less deliveries from now it might come today.  I know the courier firm here in Inverness that deals with yodal will delivery in the afternoon if it arrives with them in the morning, so I check the tracker if I can that day.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Not sure about delivery, but I wanted to send a big package via them, did all the necessary on line, and was given a collection date........
sometime between 0800 and 1900 on that particular day.... when I tried to conact the local delivery office, I could not ... so had to email them... and ask for either a morning or afternoon slot.... they replied that they could not do that as the collection would be organized according to the drivers route...
When I suggested he should know whether he is going to be in my area in the morning or afternoon, they said they could not contact him once he had started his delivery run...(never heard of mobile phones? ? ? )
Anyway, eventually at 15.30 the driver knocked on the door and took possession...  totally wasted a day.... would not use them again...

Never used Yodel to send but the deliveries have all been on time... so far.
The last time I needed to send a parcel I used ParcelShipper - reasonable prices and delivered on time.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

@Mav - maybe the delivery people play pass the parcel for two days -
>
  Shocked

I do hope not Wink

kmilburn
Grafter

Don't forget, Yodel is the rebranded name for the Home Delivery Network (HDNL).
Given previous eperience with HDNL,  I wouldn't be suprised to find the parcel in the back of someones car for a couple of days!
hadden
Grafter

It will ride about in the van.
I had an eBuyer delivery via Yodel a couple of weeks ago. It was scheduled to be delivered on Friday 15th Feb, so I didn't bother when I saw the tracking status each day.
This is what their tracking says about it:

Description Location Date Time
Parcel delivered XYZ service centre 15th Feb 2013 16:23
Parcel out for delivery XYZ service centre 15th Feb 2013 11:21
Delivery attempted, unable to gain access XYZ service centre 14th Feb 2013 21:38
Parcel out for delivery XYZ service centre 14th Feb 2013 12:14
Delivery attempted, unable to gain access XYZ service centre 13th Feb 2013 20:55
Parcel out for delivery XYZ service centre 13th Feb 2013 11:15
Parcel received at local service centre XYZ service centre 13th Feb 2013 09:08
Despatched from service centre Wednesbury hub 13th Feb 2013 00:53
Parcel received at local service centre Wednesbury hub 13th Feb 2013 00:51

In spite of the "Delivery attempted, unable to gain access" message, delivery wasn't attempted at any time except the scheduled day.

Well, well... it was delivered about 10 minutes ago.
Good job we hadn't gone out which is something we had originally planned to do today.
Anyway, SWMBO is a happy bunny Smiley

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: Mav
Well, well... it was delivered about 10 minutes ago.

Quote from: Sprite
No idea but I've had things turn up a few days early in the past.
<snip>
So there you go, they will basically just hang onto your parcel until it suits them unless the individual delivery man wants it out of his way / van earlier.

Told you didn't I?!
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!

Quote from: Sprite

Told you didn't I?!

Yes, you did Smiley