Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened?

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 9

What happened?

I'd just finished reading about stupid people at pelican crossings etc. and tried to navigate to the main Forum page when that blue Covid banner made the page jump as usual and I got a message saying I didn't have enough privileges to do whatever it thought I was trying to do.  Now all today's posts and recent notifications are missing.

31 REPLIES 31
Highlighted
Champion
Fixes: 1

Re: What happened?

@Jonpe Yep Same for me. Presume two members have kicked off and the mods have acted and punished everyone!Huh

Highlighted
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

There was a reply from Luzern about his illness which has disappeared I was going to reply when I had had my evening meal 

Very strange

HD

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 41

Still got all the threads   ... Bar the two from Minivan man  regarding useless and useful information... and the rival threads from some unknown source. all were taken down within a few seconds of each other,   without any reasons given by the mods...

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 25

I dunno - I just leave the forum for a couple of hours and come back to find three threads -

"Please ignore this sign"

"Luzern" (not Re: Luzern)

"Useless Information"

all disappeared. They were all going so well.

WHAT can possibly justify deleting whole threads instead of just the offending posts?

There’s no plaice like Ω
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

I think we can all agree on just who is getting a real 'frisson of excitement' out of the whole affair.

In the meantime, more tea vicar? 😃

I know where I am, I've been lost here before
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

@198kHz wrote:

WHAT can possibly justify deleting whole threads instead of just the offending posts?

In my recent stop sniping thread i did say this was going to become stormy...

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 5

@Jonpe wrote:

I'd just finished reading about stupid people at pelican crossings etc. 

I'm not sure if I read all of those before they disappeared.  Were there any about people who stand there repeatedly pressing the button?

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 9

@RobPN wrote:

@Jonpe wrote:

I'd just finished reading about stupid people at pelican crossings etc. 

Were there any about people who stand there repeatedly pressing the button?

I was just about to do so when I was told I wasn't authorised.  I thought I'd accidentally clicked on some kind of forum-destruct button because the page jumped just as i clicked.

Yes, there are a lot of people who seem to think the 'green man' appears after the button has been pressed a certain number of times so they stand there repeatedly pressing the button.  Of course if they keep pressing the button the lights will change while they are doing so, thereby reinforcing their false belief.

Highlighted
Rising Star

Likewise I posted a reply about Amitriptyline being used for relieving back pain and it, plus others around it, have disappeared.  Is there some form of zealotry/unspoken rules being enforced?

So what was wrong with that in a 'family friendly' forum.  I would like to know?

Mike

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

PlusNet - our PC Brigade will do you proud.

Well the way things are going now it will be a very sad day when someone can't make a joke and say:

"A man walked into a bar and said ...".

When you should have said:

"A person of indeterminate gender may have walked into bar, (or a cafe as they may not have wanted to have drunk alcohol) and may have said (or maybe not as they could have a medical disability which means they can't speak)".

Highlighted
Seasoned Pro

Well I must have missed something because I remarked in one of them how friendly they were and how nice it was to read friendly banter.

It's not surprising my post count isn't going up everything gets deleted.

By the way as a female and I don't care who knows I am, should I object to my posting title of PRO?.......

mod's .... I'm joking

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 25

@Mayfly   😃

Don't give them ideas...

There’s no plaice like Ω
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

It does seem that this particular forum through no fault of the majority of it's contributors has become battered and bruised. Let's hope it will recover and the that the administrators will put right what they have allowed to go wrong - to paraphrase Dr Sam Beckett.

Anybody remember that series?  It all went pear shaped in the end as well I seem to recall. 🤔

I know where I am, I've been lost here before
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Used to watch Quantum Leap (the TV show with Dr. Sam Beckett) a lot as a kid myself, they never actually made "the final episode", as it was intended he finally got home, but they ended the show leaving the viewer at a loss as to whether or not he did get back...