cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to the Turkey?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

What happened to the Turkey?

In our case Adair Towers was crammed with family and friends over Christmas. The bones were picked bare by Boxing day and all that remains now is a soup made using the carcase. Bare bones in the bin.

edit to remove typos
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Re: What happened to the Turkey?

More or less the same here except over a slightly longer period with the bones in the food recycling bin and the soup stock in the freezer
Fixes: 123

Enough for SWMBO and myself for two days and the remainder is now in the freezer. On Friday we had roast beef as everyone else seemed to be fed up with turkey.
Me...
...I can never get enough of it Smiley

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

myredhotcar
Grafter

I took pity at the last minute and invited it into the house but the mandrill caught it and ripped it apart. Domestic mandrills have a nasty habit of acting perfectly domesticated until your guard is lowered. Then, when you least expect it they will do something really wild. We had to shoot the last one.
Community Veteran

We had a large chicken and a joint of beef for Christmas.
There was a small amount of breast left of the chicken, two legs which nobody seemed to want and half  the beef left.
I've been making the stepson manwiches and cooked him a beef curry last night and binned a small bit this morning. The remainder of the chicken got binned Sad
I very rarely waste food in this house but we were down a guest due to very ill health and both myself and the wife have been ill for the past 3 weeks so not had a great appetite Sad
RichAllen
Grafter

That's why God invented dogs, to give leftovers to Cheesy