Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does a....

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

What does a....

Job Seekers card look like?
I ask since in the last hour or so a young man brandishing a crumpled piece of yellow card, with the words in plain bold script "Job Seeker" and a lot more that I couldn't read very well written on it, rang our doorbell. The card was approximately twice or slightly more than a credit card in size. To say it looked that it had been printed on a home computer somewhat understates the appearance.
When I suggested the young man would be better employed seeking a job rather than begging at doorsteps (which is what I assumed he was going to do if I had let him get that far) didn't go down too well.
I should point out this area does not suffer a shortage of employers or jobs to look for, indeed quite the reverse.
Leaving my step he muttered something about being over-qualified for menial tasks, I chose not to respond any further.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
2 REPLIES
itsme
Grafter

Re: What does a....

No such thing as a Job Seekers Card.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: What does a....

I had a very "rough" looking guy, about 25-30 knock our door once, he had a similar type card, stating that he was an ex-jailbird or words to that effect, and that he was trying to establish his life by selling cleaning stuff (not the usual one) on a door to door basis.... I said I was sympathetic and wished him well, as I told him we don`t buy stuff at the door, he got quite angry and threatening in his attitude saying that I was prejudiced, and how was he going to make a new start with that sort of attitude.