cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you think of this?

Community Veteran
Posts: 1,770
Thanks: 33
Fixes: 1
Registered: 08-10-2010

What do you think of this?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2623330/Is-Inter-Stellar-Assistance-Force-Mysterious-UFO-fil...
Clever cgi out genuine? I feel if it was genuine then it would have hit the news big time.  So maybe a 'stealth bomber' that the US wanted to keep under wraps, or just cgi on a video of a good old fashioned shelling?
16 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Posts: 16,862
Thanks: 1,141
Fixes: 13
Registered: 06-11-2007

Re: What do you think of this?

From that report, and those pictures.... there is no doubt that it is a U.F.O....

U nidentified

F lying
O bject.


Can`t see what there was to report,really....
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 25,789
Thanks: 1,134
Fixes: 47
Registered: 14-04-2007

Re: What do you think of this?

The way technology is these days you can't really believe anything you see on film.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
nanotm
Pro
Posts: 5,674
Thanks: 109
Fixes: 1
Registered: 11-02-2013

Re: What do you think of this?

its a new type of combat drone, its got the standard rocket burner for the main engine but has 4 rotors inside wings so it can hover and provide a stable weapons platform with a lot of firepower, there unmanned because nobody in there right mind will sit above a nest of rpg's etc and provide a static target while the 30mm and the GMG etc do there job with exploding point ordnance, not to mention nobody in three right mind would dare to fly what was a bird strike away from being a large fireworks display .......
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Krazeh
Grafter
Posts: 84
Registered: 06-02-2013

Re: What do you think of this?

Quote from: nanotm
its a new type of combat drone, its got the standard rocket burner for the main engine but has 4 rotors inside wings so it can hover and provide a stable weapons platform with a lot of firepower, there unmanned because nobody in there right mind will sit above a nest of rpg's etc and provide a static target while the 30mm and the GMG etc do there job with exploding point ordnance, not to mention nobody in three right mind would dare to fly what was a bird strike away from being a large fireworks display .......

No, it's not. It's a faked video, based on a footage of a car bomb factory being destroyed by JDAMs back in 2007 (or at least that's when the video was posted online). You can see it yourself at
.
nanotm
Pro
Posts: 5,674
Thanks: 109
Fixes: 1
Registered: 11-02-2013

Re: What do you think of this?

notwithstanding the fakery of the video (watching them side by side the audio is the same but the aspect appears mirrored in the newer one), the UAV it depicts looks very like the heavy weapons platform that was on the concept boards more than 20 years ago as medium range annihilator class strike vehicle to be used for taking out established positions inflicting maximum casualty rates in its expected 30 second combat life span...... a marvel of joint thinking and modern tech, the original was equipped with a 70mm cannon but after a rather disastrous test fire it went back to the drawing board....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran
Posts: 1,770
Thanks: 33
Fixes: 1
Registered: 08-10-2010

Re: What do you think of this?

Good spot krazeh.  Wasn't too sure about the drone idea, seems plausible, but the video is definitely the same one 'flipped' and cropped. Shame on The Mail (again). Embarrassed
Krazeh
Grafter
Posts: 84
Registered: 06-02-2013

Re: What do you think of this?

Quote from: nanotm
notwithstanding the fakery of the video (watching them side by side the audio is the same but the aspect appears mirrored in the newer one), the UAV it depicts looks very like the heavy weapons platform that was on the concept boards more than 20 years ago as medium range annihilator class strike vehicle to be used for taking out established positions inflicting maximum casualty rates in its expected 30 second combat life span...... a marvel of joint thinking and modern tech, the original was equipped with a 70mm cannon but after a rather disastrous test fire it went back to the drawing board....

Of course it does... I don't suppose you have anything to back up this claim?Huh
nanotm
Pro
Posts: 5,674
Thanks: 109
Fixes: 1
Registered: 11-02-2013

Re: What do you think of this?

that it looks like something I saw in person 20 years ago ?
well if its not on the list of "known" UAV's then nope there's nothing I could link to, military research projects aren't exactly known for there general publication....never mind that the terms used often change before things move from conceptual classification to material classification (design and experimental prototype to end user product)
I know there were 4 main classifications years ago, surveillance, hunter. annihilator and devastator, mostly there all just hunter class in the real world, some can take more armament than others but they all get used as surveillance equipment.......personally I would prefer it if they had a strict limit of small arms and 2 rockets on hunters, and  heavy weapons platforms had to be vectored into the attack zone for anything more than a minor incident, the combined capability units are way over the top for police type use but there endurance and surveillance abilities  far outstrips the likes of the mini drones currently operated domestically....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Krazeh
Grafter
Posts: 84
Registered: 06-02-2013

Re: What do you think of this?

Right..... that's entirely believable....
myredhotcar
Grafter
Posts: 457
Registered: 06-11-2013

Re: What do you think of this?

Quote from: nanotm
I know there were 4 main classifications years ago, surveillance, hunter. annihilator and devastator, mostly there all just hunter class in the real world, some can take more armament than others but they all get used as surveillance equipment.......

You missed out three classes:
Unicorn Botherer class (easy to identify due to rainbow coloured contrails)
Ian Fleming's Moth-eaten Felt Hat class (rarely used since the Battle of Evermore due to a manufacturing defect that made affected drones too aggressive)
Phantom Class (top-secret and classified class reputedly made of plastic, electricity and religious relics)
nanotm
Pro
Posts: 5,674
Thanks: 109
Fixes: 1
Registered: 11-02-2013

Re: What do you think of this?

Quote from: Krazeh
Right..... that's entirely believable....

nobody said you have to believe anything, most people wont believe things they don't see or experience for themselves its human nature Cool
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Krazeh
Grafter
Posts: 84
Registered: 06-02-2013

Re: What do you think of this?

Quote from: nanotm
nobody said you have to believe anything, most people wont believe things they don't see or experience for themselves its human nature Cool

I'm quite happy to believe things I haven't seen or experienced for myself. They need to have some sort of basis in reality and sound at least halfway plausible tho.
nanotm
Pro
Posts: 5,674
Thanks: 109
Fixes: 1
Registered: 11-02-2013

Re: What do you think of this?

15 years ago UAV's were considered purely sci-fi until a press release proved that they were real and not just used like giant clay pigeons for target practice by air defence crews.....
5 years ago the fact that every bit of data was being intercepted and scanned was considered impossible but last year it was proven to have been happening for more than a decade .......
all of those facts were reported for years by the people who knew they were real and all of them were called fantasists by people who couldn't comprehend them or worse who's small mindedness refused to believe it was possible because of its implications.....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran
Posts: 6,307
Thanks: 86
Fixes: 3
Registered: 08-01-2008

Re: What do you think of this?

Quote from: nanotm
most people wont believe things they don't see or experience for themselves its human nature

That appears to contradict my understanding of religion (just stating facts as I understand them, not trying to start a riot or cause any offence by the way).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.