cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you think about this.....

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

What do you think about this.....

Never been one for reading the local news.. BUT... being a bit bored.. found this story in our Portsmouth Newspaper...
http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/portsmouth-brownie-leader-faces-deportation-1-6582084
When "illegals" enter this country,... it seems they have more rights to benefits, and visas etc, than somebody who has... and is... doing this country some good... at least.. she has been...
I am shocked that her visa/ILR/etc applications have all been turned down by THE government,... that claims it "cares" for us, the minions of this country...
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: What do you think about this.....

I see this derailing into politics very quickly but yes you are right, the illegal immigrants do appear to have more rights than the good standing people who try to contribute to the community.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Some things make no sense.
In fact it seems it must be a requirement for some government jobs that the applicants have no common sense.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

naw its all part of the criminal rights act /
the majority of people misguidedly complain about legal immigration into this country being too lax and then when they read a story about someone who would be a genuine loss to local community when they get deported make a big uproar.
this will all be part of the crack down on immigration numbers, if she was an illegal she would have access to a free immigration lawyer to have arranged all her paperwork and have been able to lodge half a dozen appeals already/
what she could legally do is hop on a ferry every 3 months to Ireland or France and thus restart a 3 month holiday visa until the problem gets sorted, allowing them to start deportation procedures will be a huge problem going forwards, and it would need to be the husband who sued the government for destroying his human rights (right to a family life) etc

of course immigration lawyers cost a small fortune  so she probably cant afford one /
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you