Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you eat for breakfast ?

St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

What do you eat for breakfast ?

The wifes got me on greek yogurt ( no fat ) and clusters with dried fruit........... ive tried for 3 days now and i cant do it anymore, im going back to boiled eggs! 

Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
17 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: What do you eat for breakfast ?

For years, when living in a bedsit... I existed on 6 slices of toast and two cups of tea for breakfast...

in the past 30 years, I have changed my breakfast to 2 weetabix, and 2 slices of thick toast & thick marmalade and 2 cups of tea.. with....... 2 teaspoonful of sugar!

I`m starving by 12 oclock, but couldn`t eat more for breakfast... Unless, on holiday at a hotel, and then it`s the full english, which, for some reason keeps me going until mid afternoon ! ! ! .When we start to search for a nice cafe to have an afternoon cuppa and (possibly) a cheese scone. !

P.S.    Wouldn`t touch Yoggit....  !    always called it "puke in a pot"...  Cheesy

(please can we have a puking smiley ! )

Fixes: 47

2 shredded wheat with semi-skimmed milk and a drizzle of honey every morning.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Personally I eat food for breakfast... Smiley

Community Veteran

My wife makes me "overnight oats" it's milk and oats with yogurt, fruit and honey mixed cold and stored in fridge overnight. Delicious eaten cold in the morning. 

If I stay in a hotel though I always go for the full English (Scottish, Irish, Welsh)

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Fresh orange juice, strong black coffee, Shreddies with 1% milk no added sugar, 2 poached eggs on wholemeal toast, home made jam for extra slice of toast. The eggs from our own chucks (Welsummers) and the bread is made at a nearby baker and baked in stone oven.

Keeps me on track till lunch at 2pm even when I'm doing hard work in the orchard. Today I'm doing boring company accounts, so I'll probably munch some biscuits.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

I eat Green Berets for breakfast and right now, I am very hungry

- Arnold Schwarzenegger

I personally do not eat breakfast. A hot coffee and a couple of biscuits is all I need to start my day.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Minivanman
Hero

As an early riser, just fresh coffee for me. That gets me through to a light lunch about midday and whatever Mrs Minivanman knocks up for our evening meal.

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Fixes: 47

I was always told that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and not something to be skimped.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Minivanman
Hero

I think that may be a modern myth as breakfast did not exist for a large part our history.

Maybe clocks, modern working practices and the media have dictated our diet rather than need. Are we really 'hungry tums' at breakfast time and if we are, maybe the hunter-gatherer in us all needed one in order to chase down those mammoths!    

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Wheetabix x2 Smiley  or Toast and Old Englsh Thick Marmalade  mmmmmmmmm Thumbs Up

and of course nice Black Coffee 1 sugar

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran

Summer - cereal

Winter - hot porridge with a sprinkle of black currants or raspberries

Of course maybe sometimes something different

Community Veteran

Been a three Shredded Wheat man for years. No sugar, hot semi-skimmed milk. Nothing else in/on it.

Was mildly annoyed a few years ago when they started packing SW's in two's instead of three's.

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Fixes: 125

My breakfast, when I do have it, is usually around midday and consists of a 5-egg omelette with full fat milk, cheese, tomatoes and 3 slices or bread or toast and butter plus porridge (again with full fat milk and 2 or 3 dessert spoons of sugar) with bananas if we have any.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Luzern
Pro

Mix of muesli and cereal with milk and Canderel sweetner; toast with marg and topping.

Let loose on hols, well, that's something else.Grin

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.