cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you buy...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

What do you buy...

...for the birthday of a one year old?, who's parents are very well off and dote on their son as if their lives depended on it, this child will want for nothing throughout his life.
We can't quietly forget about it as its our youngest grandson.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: What do you buy...

Whatever it is.... make sure it has a box..... Whatever is inside it on purchase, is irrelvant to a child of that age.... however , it will find the empty box a delight to play with !  Cheesy
Fixes: 125

Also, get something simple as in non-electronic. Something your grandson can just grab and go.
Often it's these simple toys or gifts that mean the most, give long-term pleasure and last the longest.
As per shutter, a child of that age has no concept of cost or value and just wants to get on with exploring whatever you have for them (or the box Wink).
In my experience from my own daughter she often got bored with the expensive gifts lavished on her by her elder siblings in competition with each other and frequently opted for the bricks, and other cheaper but more fun toys.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

A "special" teddy bear from his grandparents.
I had mine for nearly 40 years before my daughter who was meant to be looking after him fell out with me Sad Not sure what poor Edwards fate has been now Sad
Thunderclap
Grafter

Quote from: Petlew
...for the birthday of a one year old?, who's parents are very well off and dote on their son as if their lives depended on it, this child will want for nothing throughout his life.

Cool One assumes he's having his BIG ONE BIRTHDAY PARTY - at some pricey venue with inclusive event planner, paparazzi and pink limos? No seriously, that's what one year olds are getting these days, by default. Given he's only one and will remember nothing of birthdays for another two years, it's really about mummy. Pehaps get him a visit from Wills & Kate [lookalikes]?
From EssexMumsNet, "babies love baloons, but mummies love their Lambrini even more."
+++ This Kate lookalike even comes with a Royal Baby lookalike http://katemiddletonlookalike.com/

Fixes: 105

Quote from: DomS
A "special" teddy bear from his grandparents.

I'd agree with this, possibly even something from build-a-bear which you get a birth certificate which could match your grandsons.
Mine have these and they are treasured.
Also the kaloo range of toys always seem to go down well.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

A simple soft toy such as a bear seems ideal. Certainly nothing more expensive.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Chocolate - makes the world go round and they'll be hooked  Cheesy
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

It's not just the world that chocolate makes go round it's also those that eat too much of it. Cheesy
Community Veteran

...........and not at all suitable for a 1 year old Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

As i was driving along, this morning, a thought came to mind, which may not seem suitable for a child of one year old... but it could become a family heir loom ...
How about a framed " Family Tree "... from the child`s birth date.... to as far back as can be found, and given the amount of frame space available...