cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do they expect?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

What do they expect?

Because of the odd hours I work, I often find myself getting home around 10ish in the morning, my dear wife quite often  has the TV on tuned to a selection of back to back property renovation programs. I don't take an awful lot of notice of them, but one common action intrigues me; at some stage of renovation an (or two) estate agents are brought in to value the property. Without exception when in the kitchen or bathroom, an obscure angle shot of taps are included, the agent will be shown...turning on the tap and, lo and behold; water flows out, the agent smiles knowingly...what on earth do they expect to come out of the tap? oil!!
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
24 REPLIES
N/A

Re: What do they expect?

Its an interesting question, one which leeds me to another question I'm afraid;
If you could choose something different to come out of a tap in your house, what would it be?
James
Grafter

BEER!
N/A

Which one though...
I'd be tempted by a 1664 tap... oh, wait, I already have one of those... Grin
Community Veteran

Quel surprise, Jameseh Tongue
Cap'n Jim.
Community Veteran

As a matter of fact I think I would prefer oil, preferably pre-refined as petrol, unleaded of course.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Imaging what your rates would be like if it where!
Phil
Community Veteran

If I had petrol "on tap" I suspect I wouldn't be awfully worried about what the rates might be.

N/A

You'd have to make damn sure you picked the correct tap when you filled the kettle though!
Community Veteran

Quite right and, pretty careful about lighting the gas as well!!

N/A

Putting out BBQs could be 'interesting' too. Grin
Community Veteran

Yeah! but would be easy to light though, even on a wet day...

N/A

Cutting the lawn would take less time too - give it a quick water apply a lit match - job done for a few months. Grin
Community Veteran

Yes, and if you usually used a sheep to keep the grass down, you could have roast lamb ready for the table as well...

N/A

Just need a red wine tap then too I guess?