What do YOU like?

Bob_Milton
Grafter

What do YOU like?

16 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: What do YOU like?

I`m very pleased to be among the 30% who dislike McDonalds, as a brand, or anything else. 
The whole concept of calling it a "restaurant" is an insult to those who have qualified trained chef`s and table staff who work hard to maintain a true restaurant ambience.
(ps going out for the day now, and we will be taking the proverbial picnic, to eat in some nice countryside setting)      Smiley    (not a layby!)
Community Veteran

I agree about McDonalds.  If I have to eat burgers from a multiple outlet then Burger King is much better.
Fixes: 101

I don't agree, McDonalds is a brand that is just there for me.
The kids like to have a very occasional happy meal, which I don't mind. At least the pricing is pretty consistent.
Although the burgers at burger king are nicer, the fries are worse and the huge variations in pricing and lack of voucher taking consistency make them a lot worse IMO.
Though I'm still not sure how you can really compare the likes of Matalan against John Lewis.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

Everybody hates McDonalds and Tesco!  So why is it every time I go past either they're packed out?
John
Fixes: 101

I don't hate Tesco at all. What is there to hate  free furniture, holidays and days out..
Will Moderate For Thanks
Fixes: 47

I've just come back from doing my weekly shop at Tesco. I don't have any problem with them or McDonalds. It's a perfectly acceptable fast food outlet.
I agree it can't be defined as a restaurant for similar reasons to my quite expensive Panasonic stereo system not being described as a Hi-Fi system.
As far as iPod is concerned...it depends on which side of the earpiece you are.
Why is a railway standard in the list of most disliked. What's not to like about railway lines.  Wink Grin
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
madjbright
Grafter

I thought that N-Gage was a Nokia brand. Interesting to see them at the top of both lists.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I thought that N-Gage was a Nokia brand

My Nokia is never "n gaged".....  Grin Cheesy Grin
Community Veteran

I just don't much like brands, especially so-called "designer brands"  Crazy
(guess that's why I've never been in a TK-Maxx)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I think McD$ are just cheap. Snag is when you've not eaten their food for a while it tastes damn good! McDs make no secret they are cheap and so is the food. If that doesn't bother you then neither should their profits. Additionally you go there because you want to. Not because you must.
Te$co I absolutely hate. I've had multiple rows with the managers of one of our 3 local stores (in one town). They treat customers like a cash cow sort of machine. We're just numbers going through their huge cash churning machinery. Te$co haven't exactly supported the cause for smaller business's (independant grocers for example) and now with Tesco Metro/Express stores all over the place... You will soon only have the option of: Te$co.
Te$co treat us all like idiots too. Computers for schools. Did you know that over £1million has to be spent for each computer? - Why doesn't every parent just donate £1 per week instead? £1million for one computer. Imagine Tesco making 25% profit. Thats £250K - for a computer thats probably worth £500 by todays prices. We're being treated like mugs. They make out they're doing a massive thing for the community.... all they're really doing is fooling the large majority of the population and making massive profits while laughing all the way to the bank.

Microsoft, now I really despise them just as much as TV licen$ing. They realease a OS full of vulnerabilities, charge an extortionate amount for it and then years later dump support for it in order to snag your £££ again. All for a plastic disc with pits (binary) burnt into it for the computer to understand and copy to its hard drive... Does that make sense? It sure seems like craziness to me.
TV Licen$ing - Why do these fools exist? - They take our cash for the honour of using an invention someone completely unconnected with them invented, use it to fund many radio services that are heard around the world (so much for BRITISH in the BBC) and then convince us further to part with call costs for competitions which have been exposed as nothing but a scam along with many others. And like mugs, we british just take it.
Whats the matter with this country?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

on the point of tv licensing, why do they send me a monthly 'please update our records' when they know i have not had a television for the last ten years?  the license payers fork out for all those letters.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I used to get those letters even when I had a licence.
At one point I really lost my rag and wrote them a letter demanding they stop the harrassment. Until that point they had been continually writing to me saying they had no licence registered at my address etc. Funny thing that, when I rang them up to tell them I moved there, they didn't even have my address on their database (it was a new flat) so obviously they'd at least added the address after my call but not bothered to worry about updating my licence...
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: shutter
I`m very pleased to be among the 30% who dislike McDonalds, as a brand, or anything else.

Me too, McDonalds in Middlesbrough in the plot what was the old BBC Radio station, looks horrible sins it's refit, it looks tatty and rundown, it looked better before it's refit, and looked cleaner too!
The whole concept of calling it a "restaurant" is an insult to those who have qualified trained chef`s and table staff who work hard to maintain a true restaurant ambience.

I agree with you 100%
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

If McDonald's is the most disliked brand; can you imagine how many there would be if we did like it?? There might be; The (McDonald's) Ivy or Simpsons (McDonald's) in the Strand, or TV cooking shows telling you how to make the perfect beef pattie. Move over Delia Smith.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.